Rose and Crown Hotel
The Rose and Crown is set in a 16th-century coaching inn, hosting live music/DJ in the pub on weekends. The property is a 35-minute drive from Cambridge, Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds. The property is also a 30-minute drive from Sudbury. Free parking is available on-site.With a flat-screen TV, the cozy bedrooms at Rose and Crown are individually decorated, and most have free WiFi access. Most rooms have a private bathroom, and tea/coffee making facilities are provided.The pub offers a range of real ales, lagers, and ciders and features a pool table and a TV with Sky Sports. Weekend entertainment is featured at this property. Additionally, a carvery is available 3 times a week. Breakfast options are available for an extra cost.The Imperial War Museum, Duxford, and Ely Cathedral are both under an hour’s drive away.
- The only thing was there was no hot water! Which was a shame as the staff were very pleasant and made me feel welcome but possibly due to Lockdown restrictions staff unavailable re hot water. Would stay again if this were to be addressed.Thanks guys!David Elsworth
- Met on arrival by a nice lady, very pleasant, everything explained, room was very nice, clean, spacious, no food but plenty of options very close by, within 2 mins walk and could eat in the room if desired
- Staff were attentive and, wanted to help as much as they could, free car parking, which is a plus.
- The location was ideal. No food was available due to Covid restrictions but there are plenty of cafes to eat a few minutes walk away
- A nice, comfortable and clean place. A little basic but that is reflected in the price. The staff were friendly and welcoming. Free parking and the hotel / pub felt safe as did the area. Easy to find and a good location for the town centre.
The Plough Inn
This beautiful country pub occupies a privileged location close to the main cities of Cambridge, Newmarket, Bury St. Edmunds and Sudbury.Set in the picturesque Suffolk countryside, you can explore the surroundings during the day before relaxing with traditional pub food, using local suppliers, and a drink in the evening.Routes A143, A1307 and A11 offer easy access to the surrounding areas. In addition to this, highway M11 is only 18 miles away.
- A little bit out of town but would be a nice location for a family or couples stay.
- The hosts David and Marion were extremely helpful and welcoming, the service given was second to none and made for an enjoyable stay. The food served in the restaurant was perfect and well managed with COVID19 guide lines adhered to in all areas.
- Comfortable stay at The Plough. Great full English breakfast in the morning and helpful staff.
- Friendly staff who were very helpful.Location of room with lovely views
- Owner has done modifications to bar and garden to make it Covid secure. Bedroom was comfortable and nice bathroom with bath. Location was quiet. Food was good.
Saffron Suite and Kitchen
In the center of Saffron Walden, the 16th-century Saffron Hotel offers individual bedrooms with attached bathroom with flat-screen Freeview TV. It has a conservatory restaurant and free WiFi in public areas.Audley End House is a 5-minute drive away, and Cambridge can be reached in 20 minutes. Saffron Walden Golf Club is 2 minutes away.A complimentary breakfast snack bag is provided.All rooms at Saffron Hotel have tea and coffee facilities and hairdryers. There is also a comfortable lounge with an open fire.There is a public car park called Swan Meadow within walking distance from the hotel
- Good value roomComfortable bed and pillowsFriendly helpful reception
- No breakfast unfortunately, this was our only disappointment as we were about to set off for a hike. We received a packed breakfast instead but to be honest wouldve happily not bothered with that 2 inedible prepacked croissants, an apple and a banana. We supposed it was due to current restrictions and its nice just to get out at all.. maybe a little less than the 80 rate?
- I understand cant have normal breakfast. But was substitute was fine, maybe, something more healthy than chocolate nutty bar.
- We are very happy with everything. Nice and clean, amazing location. Thank you for the cute breakfast.
- Due to covid restrictions the breakfast was in a packed lunch form. Staff were friendly and room very clean.
Bull Hotel by Greene King Inns
The Bull has been a coaching inn in the Essex village of Halstead for 500 years. This traditional pub offers rooms with free Wi-Fi, a lively bar and home-cooked food.The comfortable rooms at The Bull Hotel are decorated in light colors and feature TVs, hairdryers and tea/coffee-making facilities. Rooms include bathrooms with showers.Originally built in 1398, the hotel retains many period features including beautiful exposed wooden beams. The restaurant serves traditional English food and hearty English breakfasts each morning.The vibrant bar has regular live music and karaoke on weekends, and shows all major sports events on large plasma-screen TVs. Please note that bedrooms are affected by noise on weekends.The Bull is a 25-minute drive from Stansted Airport. Free parking is available at The Bull.
- The bull hotel was lovely as were the staff. Online we asked randomly Essex village and are so happy with halstead .
- I was in Room 6 in the pub building itself, there is a more modern looking building with more rooms too. It is quite quirky with sloping walls and floors as expected in an old building like this. The newer building is probably more suited to those with physical/mobility issues. The bed was comfy, the shower had good pressure and hot water, though the bathroom was very small and bit awkward to manoeuvre in. Breakfast was good, they do a choice of hot dishes, Eggs Benedict, full english etc. Juices and cereals were good quality.
- love these old buildings lots of character.. the room was lovely and clean..the staff were very friendly and helpful.. food was delicious.. definitely recommend we have stayed there twice now.. lovely surroundings
- The lady who checked us in was very lovely as were all the staff. We had a great stay in room 1. Very comfortable beds. Located above a pub. What more can you ask for!
- Beds were super comfy. Food was spot on. Staff friendly and accommodating! Will stay again.
Nine Jars Hotel
Nine Jars Hotel features a restaurant, bar, a shared lounge and garden in Haverhill. This 4-star hotel offers room service and luggage storage space. The hotel also provides free WiFi and free private parking.Guest rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a kettle, a shower, a hairdryer and a wardrobe. At the hotel, each room comes with a private bathroom with free toiletries.Guests at Nine Jars Hotel can enjoy a à la carte or a Full English/Irish breakfast.Cambridge is 19 mi from the accommodations, while Bury Saint Edmunds is 19 mi away. The nearest airport is Cambridge Airport, 20 mi from Nine Jars Hotel.
- The suite that we had was excellent. The room was spacious and warm as toast!………Oh so comfortable bed…….and a good nights sleep was guaranteed. The room also had a sofa and desk which was very useful for correspondence…..large smart TV on the wall opposite the bed…….just the right height………Superb ensuite with both bath and large shower…….and warm as toast!Overall I would say that you could not fault the facilities……and the bonus was that it was right on the High Street.Furthermore due to the excellent soundproofing the room was lovely and quiet.The staff were excellent and superfriendly and we felt right at home straight away. We ate in the dining room at nights and the food was delicious……so overall we were completely satisfied and would definitely like to return soon.Well done all !!
- Breakfast and evening meal were beautiful. Room was very clean and tidy.
- We had an amazing experience, staff were insanely brilliant, the team kept us updated with all covid regs and provided outstanding service with food drink and hotel facilities, I cant fault their amazing work will 100 book again made our anniversary truly special
- We had a terrific room large, well appointed posh coffee machine, kettle etc, superb bed, and the kind of bathroom youd like in your own home but havent got space for… Theres a small car park behind the hotel, but a public car park chargeable if that were full. Right in the centre of Haverhill with numerous shops and restaurants nearby, though we ate in the bar below the hotel and had a good meal. The collection and drop off of keys via a key safe was easier than Id feared it might be. Hand sanitiser in public areas.
- Lovely room with a great bathroom. Great breakfast
Sturmer Hall Hotel and Conference Centre
Sturmer Hall Hotel and Conference Centre has a restaurant, bar, a shared lounge and garden in Haverhill. Featuring family rooms, this property also provides guests with a terrace. The property provides a 24-hour front desk, room service and currency exchange for guests.All rooms at the hotel come with a seating area and a flat-screen TV. Sturmer Hall Hotel has some rooms that feature a patio and lake view, and the rooms are equipped with a private bathroom and a desk. All guest rooms will provide guests with a closet and an electric tea pot.The accommodation offers a continental or buffet breakfast.Bike rental and car rental are available at Sturmer Hall Hotel and Conference Centre and the area is popular for hiking and cycling.Cambridge is 21 miles from the hotel, while Colchester is 29 miles from the property. The nearest airport is London Stansted, 20 miles from Sturmer Hall Hotel, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
- Lovely accommodation, friendly staff, excellent food. The hotel grounds are beautiful and very well kept.
- We liked everything about the hotel. The grounds, which include spacious lawns, a lake and a moat, are a delight. Our room, in an attractively designed garden suite, was extremely comfortable and well appointed and gave onto a terraced area with outdoor tables and seating. The service was first class, the staff very friendly and the three dinners we had at the hotel were all excellent. We found the hotel well located for visiting some of the historic villages of Suffolk and Essex. All in all, a great experience.
- The grounds were amazing, accommodation was stunning with private garden area to relax and the staff were very friendly not to mention helpful. Sat with the owner who we got along with extremely well. Would highly recommend and will return at some point
- Big open fire in the main foyer where you can sit down and relax. Food was quality cuisine and a great atmosphere throughout my stay.
The Three Hills
The Three Hills features free WiFi and views of garden in Bartlow.At the hotel, every room comes with a desk. Rooms come with a private bathroom and free toiletries. All guest rooms in The Three Hills are equipped with a flat-screen TV and a hairdryer.Cambridge is 12 mi from the accommodations. The nearest airport is London Stansted Airport, 14 mi from The Three Hills.
- Great stay, lovely room and the pub attached does the most amazing food. Room was fine, missing a bath but can understand why.
- What an amazing place. We stayed in the twin bedroom, arrived 8pm on a Monday night and had a fabulous greeting, when we opened the door to the bedroom it was wonderful the radio playing classic FM a lovely touch. Comfortable beds, amazing bathroom even with a nightlight, plenty of refreshments, everything we could possibly need was there. Breakfast was perfect and set us up for the day
- Breakfast was great quality , pub interior and exterior areas were excellent .Staff were all great .
- Friendly and attentive service and an excellent meal in the pub. The little room was pretty and had everything we needed. Muffins, yoghurt and granola had been left for our breakfast.
- We had a lovely nights stay, the decor was of a high standard and very nicely done. The bed was super comfortable and the shower was excellent.Nice little personal touches here and there and the room and its amenities were extremely well thought out. Would definitely stay again.
The Black Bull Inn
This charming thatched public house offers bright, modern rooms with free Wi-Fi. In the rural Cambridgeshire village of Balsham, it has a restaurant serving classic English dishes and real ales.All rooms at the grade II listed Black Bull Inn have a flat-screen TV, DVD and CD player. With free tea/coffee facilities, an iron and a work area, there is also private bathroom with a hairdryer in each room.The varied menu is made using fresh, local ingredients, includes light lunch options and can cater for special diets with prior notice. The dining room features original wooden beams and an open fireplace.The Imperial War Museum at Duxford is 10 minutes’ drive away, while Newmarket’s Racecourse is a 15-minute car journey. Historic Cambridge, with colleges, parks and shopping, is 10 miles away.
- Very friendly helpful staff. Well fitted out clean rooms.
- It was comfortable and the staff were very friendly.
- Good atmosphere, friendly staff good value and plenty of car park space.
- Lovely Yorkshire lass behind the bar was soooo lovely, really welcoming from the moment we stepped in the pub. Food and beers were great. We stayed the night and ate both evening meal and breakfast there.
- Lovely inn. Excellent staff. Good breakfast choice.
Pear Tree Inn
Offering a garden, Pear Tree Inn is set in Hildersham, 8.3 miles from Cambridge city center. Cambridge train station is 7.5 miles from the property. The Inn offers 3 en suite accommodations.All rooms feature a flat screen TV with Netflix, movie channels and Freeview channels. With Egyptian cotton, fine linens and specialty apothecary room amenities, the rooms also include slippers, bathrobes, Nespresso coffee machines and a kettle with a mini fridge. Breakfast snacks are provided.Free WiFi and reserved private parking is available on site.Decorated in a chic decor, the property also offers an on-site restaurant with a lounge and bar. Guests can take a stroll in the herb garden and relax in the cozy outdoor seating area.Addenbrooke’s Hospital is 7 miles from the property and Granta Park is 2 miles away. Cambridge train station is 7.5 miles from the property. The nearest airport is London Stansted Airport, 25 miles from the property.
- Hosts where friendly and let us checkin early. Setup of the cottage was great and very clean. Food from restaurant was very good. I also found the backyard setup restaurant great to spend the afternoon with friends.
- Amazing hosts! Michael in the bar was very knowledgeable, interested in your drink and meal choices and able to make recommendations. He had us wine tasting within a few minutes of arrival! Chef Gael puts menus together dependent on local produce and what is seasonally available. He is passionate about his cuisine and it certainly shows. The meals we had were 1st class. At the end of the night he came and chatted about the food and France and various other things including tasting some wine we had with us. The loft rooms were lovely, beautifully furnished and clean. There is a small fridge and we were welcome to stock it with our own things too. It really was a unique experience. I would highly recommend it and would definitely stay again.
- We are returning guests and it is still a little gem in Cambridgeshire countryside. The restaurant is now fully open and the outside terrace and conservatory are brilliant for midsummer nights. The cuisine is so fresh and tasty and the French chef is very charming and welcoming ! We stayed in the little cottage, lovely decoration, apparent beams and attention to details. Comfy bed and quiet location for a relaxing stay to unwind from the city. Highly recommended and only one hour from London.
- 1. Friendly host2. Interesting place to stay in a cottagelike environment3. The room is well equipped with all necessities
- Lovely quiet location with a beautiful outdoor area the only problem was that we couldnt try the restaurant as it was closed that day!
The Three Blackbirds
The Three Blackbirds has a restaurant, bar, a garden and terrace in Stetchworth. The inn features family rooms.All rooms in the inn are equipped with an electric tea pot.à la carte and Full English/Irish breakfast options are available every morning at The Three Blackbirds.Cambridge is 15 miles from the accommodation, while Bury Saint Edmunds is 17 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Cambridge Airport, 12 miles from The Three Blackbirds.
- Gorgeous, clean, fresh, tasteful, beautiful location, full facilities hotel, bar and restaurant all top quality, nice wait staff.
- Simply beautiful. Great accommodation, grate food, great service.
- The new rooms are very nice and cosy. It would pay to check if the towel heater is really required to be on as the room is quite warm already. The staff were really accomodating as we had arrived back late after being out at a dinner elsewhere but wanted a nightcap which they were only too willing to oblige. Alternative milks would have been nice to also have for the room/ breakfast. Lovely fit out and delightful staff.
- Attractive, comfortable rooms, with much thought given to design and facilities. Lively bar and restaurant serving good food and excellent ale
Looking for: Best Hotels in Withersfield