The Allan Ramsay Hotel
Dating back to 1792, this coaching inn is located in the former weavers’ village of Carlops, nestled at the foot of the Pentland Hills, and is 25 minutes by car from Edinburgh. This historic inn retains its 18th Century character with antique decorations, a small library, charming candle-lit restaurant and real log fires. The property offers free WiFi and free parking on site. Rooms at The Allan Ramsay Hotel all have private private bathrooms, TV and tea and coffee making facilities.Guests staying at the property can enjoy a freshly prepared a la carte breakfast served daily. Guests can also enjoy lunch and dinner on site. Dishes are freshly prepared using locally sourced meat, fish and game. Home-made desserts, cakes and scones are also served.The hotel has one of the last remaining ‘penny bars’ in the UK, a bar top decorated with one penny coins, some dating back to Queen Victoria. Locally-produced real ales, popular lagers and beers, and a selection of over 40 Scottish malt whiskeys and gins are served.Edinburgh Airport can be reached in less than 30 minutes by car.
- Friendly welcome. Comfortable Room. Excellent breakfast.
- Authentic historic. Well appointed. Filled with rich history about Allan Ramsay.Fantastic host accommodating.
- Breakfast was magic!! Staff were friendly and helpful beyond the call of duty. Room excelled expectations for the price. Parking was inchperfect oh that was me haha. Will gladly return.
- Everything about this place was fantastic. The staff were absolutely lovely. Helpful, friendly, and accommodating. We had the family room two adults and two children under 12. There was a full bed, a twin bed, and a sofa bed my 8 year old daughter says it was comfortable for me. The breakfast was nice, as were the few items we had from the dinner menu. All of my questions I ask a lot were answered with a friendly and unbothered smile. We would definitely stay here again! Oh, and if you love sugar, try the Irn Bru. From what Ive been told, you wont find it anywhere outside of Scotland. Its… interesting
- Breakfast was very good. The history of the place is superb and well presented Charming building and lovely staff with a smile and very helpful
Barony Castle Hotel
Set in 25 acres of mature grounds, the Barony Castle Hotel is an impressive castle has a stylish award winning restaurant and modern leisure center. On the edge of the Scottish Borders, the castle is surrounded by Peeblesshire countryside.The elegant rooms at the Barony Castle Hotel have a private bathroom and a work desk. All rooms have a satellite TV and tea/coffee facilities, and some have scenic views of the Eddleston Hills. Ironing facilities can be provided on request.The beautiful grounds at Barony Castle feature The Great Polish Map of Scotland, an outdoor concrete scale model of Scotland. Guests can relax in the sauna and whirlpool integrated in the 30 feet indoor swimming pool, work out in the fitness center or enjoy a treatment in one of the two spa treatment rooms.Serving traditional Scottish cuisine with modern elements, the contemporary restaurant 1536, uses quality local produce and seasonal ingredients. The cozy Blue Dug bar offers beverages, light snacks and free WiFi access, while the Murray Lounge offers 3 large TVs, a fireplace, a PS4 and an Xbox.Just a 35-minute drive south of Edinburgh, Barony Castle Hotel is a 10-minute drive from Peebles Golf Club. There is free on-site parking, and the stunning Glentress Forest is a 20-minute drive away.
- Lovely historic building and delightful location, helpful staff.
- very good place to stay , makes you welcome , with good staff and food
- It snowed when we were there and it felt like we were in a magical far away land. The staff were amazing. The food was great. However my favourite thing was the welcome our dog got. Little dog treats on reception for free of he fancied one and he was allowed to sit with us in the bar. I never go to the same place twice, the world is to big a place but we will definitely be going back. Its was so comfortable and relaxing. The grounds to the hotel are beautiful. Think next time we will go in the summer. Already picked a seat outside to have a cold beer while looking onto the waterfall. Worth a visit.
- Everything. Very friendly and helpful staff. A lot of choices for breakfast. And very tasty breakfast choices. Shannon at the front desk was an exceptional representative for the property and a lot of fun to talk to.
- Cleanliness on the hotel room overall is good and the rooms is excellent. Former house keeping manager,
Located in the center of Peebles, in the Scottish Borders, The Park offers a bar/restaurant and a garden. Free WiFi is available in public areas, and free private parking is possible onsite.All the spacious rooms at The Park feature an private bathroom, a TV, and a hairdryer.A full Scottish breakfast is served each morning in the restaurant. Guests can unwind with a drink at the bar, which also serves pub lunch.The property is 40 minutes’ drive from Edinburgh. Glentress Forest, home to a mountain biking center, is just 12 minutes’ drive. Peebles Golf Club is only over half a mile away.
- We were just looking for somewhere comfortable to spend a couple of nights at new year without Enforced Jollity. The Park hit the spot exactly. Very attentive staff excellent breakfast and a beautiful room looking towards the river Tweed.
- As always a lovely stay, a pleasant surprise to find the rooms have had a tocuh up. Lovely meal for dinner on the first night, and the breakfasts were also very nice as they usually are as well. Staff were very good, friendly and chatty despite all hell breaking loose for them on the last night but they coped like professionals despite a leak appearing in reception and the ceiling falling in, thnakfully both were fixed in a very timely manner too. Would happily stay again, though im hoping that the updated rooms and the removal of single beds wont make it too pricy for me to stay there in future.
- The Park is in a great location, the room was comfortable, with excellent views. The staff members were friendly and efficient.
- Food and location were wonderful. The room was tidy and had an incredible view. Great proximity to the city of Peebles. It was a very easy walk. Staff was so nice and helped us make taxi accommodations.
- Staff are very friendly, with a great breakfast and location right in town.
The Horseshoe Inn
Located in Eddleston, in the picturesque Scottish Borders, The Horseshoe Inn features an award-winning restaurant and elegant bedrooms with free Wi-Fi. There is also free parking.With stylish décor and luxury bathrooms, the spacious rooms at The Horseshoe Inn each have a private entrance. Rooms also feature a work desk, a wall-mounted LCD TV and free locally produced toiletries.The 2 AA-Rosette Restaurant has sumptuous décor, and offers fine cuisine and world wines.Surrounded by scenic countryside, The Horseshoe Inn is just 10 minutes’ drive from Peebles center. Historical Edinburgh can be reached in 30 minutes’ drive, and Dawyck Gardens are a 20-minute drive away.
- The rooms are in a converted school house, and have been decorated with a lot of character. Although the bed was softer than we are used to, it was extremely comfortable. We had a lovely evening meal in the Horseshoe Inn restaurant, although the drinks service was slow. I had a gorgeous fish pie and my partner had a delicious meat pie.
- The beer, the food, the comfy bed, the nice location. The staff and proprietors are efficient and friendly.
- Bedroom fine. Food excellent. Friendly staff. Covid clean.
- Lovely traditional pub, great location, fantastic food and drink, ample parking, great staff and strong consideration to COVID safety. Well appointed room. Great value for money.
- Room was lovely, food was fabulous, service was exceptional.
Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club
One of our top picks in Edinburgh. Set among 1000 acres of beautiful parkland with two 18-hole golf courses, this historic country hotel, built in 1725, offers luxurious spa and leisure facilities, and informal and fine dining restaurant options.All of the spacious rooms at the Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club offer 32-inch flat-screen TVs and private bathrooms. Rooms also include tea/coffee making facilities and a mini-fridge.As well as an impressive 18-hole golf course, Dalmahoy also includes both a championship golf-course and a PGA-approved golf academy within its expansive and scenic grounds.Freshly prepared cuisine can be enjoyed at The Pentland, the hotel’s award-winning restaurant, alongside panoramic views of Dalmahoy’s green parkland. The Brasserie Restaurant and James Braid Bar also offer informal dining.Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club also features a leisure club, featuring modern gym equipment and complimentary fitness classes. Guests can make use of the indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and tennis facilities.Guests can enjoy free WiFi throughout the hotel and free parking is available. A free shuttle service is available to all guests to and from the city.The hotel is immediately accessible from the A71 road. The M8 motorway is just 2 minutes away, and Edinburgh is 20 minutes’ drive.
- Room was spotless, really nice friendly staff, has an onsite restaurant. The grounds are beautiful, lovely to walk around, would definitely stay here again!
- all of it. Staff were great.Hell even most of the guests were cool too, friendly atmosphere.
- Great location, great price, car park space was spacious, staff were really friendly.
- Lovely grounds and rooms. The staff went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our time with them and in Scotland. Only wish I would have had time to golf here!
- Was far from the city. You need a taxi which costs a little more than expected
The Tontine Hotel
In the heart of the picturesque market town of Peebles, The Tontine is a family-run property which provides home-baked sweets and shortbread and elegant rooms. The Georgian Adam Room restaurant enjoys hill views and serves a weekly changing menu.With warm, classic décor, rooms at The Tontine all offer an en suite TV and a hairdryer. Guests can relax with free tea and coffee and a TV in the room. Some rooms boast lovely views of the River Tweed.The Adam Room Restaurant features beautiful views, a Georgian minstrel’s gallery, chandelier, and fireplace. It offers an à la carte menu, while the modern bistro provides relaxed, informal dining. Classic cocktails are served in the hotel bar.For active guests, the famous Glentress Mountain Biking Center is just 3 miles away, and excellent walking and cycling trails can be enjoyed from outside the hotel. Peebles Golf Club is just 10 minutes away on foot. Edinburgh is a 30-minute drive away.
- The location was excellent. The hotel room was wonderful with comfrotable furnishings. Everything met my expectations. I did not have breakfast so cannot say anything about that.
- location of the hotel, good wifi, bathroom and shower
- The place is older, but is still very classy. Room was in great shape, bath newer, everything was great.
- Staff breakfast Hotel itself. Would recommend definitely.
- Lovely family run hotel. We booked 3 rooms as we were at a nearby wedding. All rooms were lovely bright and big. Breakfast was very good too.
ibis budget Hotel Edinburgh Park
One of our top picks in Edinburgh. An 8-minute drive from Edinburgh Airport, ibis Budget Hotel Edinburgh Park lies just off the City of Edinburgh Bypass and 30 minutes’ walk from Edinburgh Park Train Station. The Gyle Center Tram Stop is located just opposite the hotel and leads to Edinburgh Airport and city center.This ibis hotel offers free parking and free WiFi throughout.Each air-conditioned room has a flat-screen TV and en suite shower.A continental breakfast buffet is available to guests at ibis Budget Hotel Edinburgh Park. Vending machines with drinks and snacks are available at all times.Edinburgh Park provides direct rail services to the city center in around 7 minutes. It is 20 minutes’ walk to Edinburgh Gateway rail station, which offers connections to London. Edinburgh Zoo is an 8-minute drive away, and Edinburgh Castle is around 20 minutes from this hotel.
- The location is really great for early morning flights! Very easy to access!
- This hotel is the best option for people on budget who need to stay close to the airport. The tram stop is just a few minutes from the hotel. Very nice staff. Quiet rooms.
- Good price, close to Edinburgh Gateway station, close to Morrisons, clean, quiet, great for couples
- Triple room good for family who wished to stay together.Breakfast was not included.Had coffee which was good
- The morning staff was a bit rude and Breakfast was incomplete. I had to go and ask for missing things twice.
The Robertson Arms Hotel
Located in the conservation village of Carnwath, The award-winning Robertson Arms Hotel features free parking and a bistro with a beer garden. It is just over 30 miles from both Edinburgh and Glasgow.This traditional and family-run property consists of of 3 cottages, dating back to 1823. The building still maintains many original features and offers rooms with a flat-screen Freeview TV, iron, and tea and coffee making facilities. The en suite shower rooms benefit from a hairdryer and complimentary toiletries.In the mornings, The Robertson Arms serves full Scottish breakfast and continental options. The Bistro and Nook offers casual dining from an A la Carte menu. Dishes are prepared using locally-sourced produce. Guests can also relax by the open fire in the Nook & Cranny coffee lounge.South Lanarkshire is home to the New Lanark World Heritage Site, just 17 minutes’ drive from The Robertson Arms Hotel. Carnwath Golf Club is just 500 feet from the hotel, and Livingston Designer Outlet is a 30-minute drive away.
- The room was a good size, very quiet, clean and well equipped.
- Wonderful accommodations! First rate hotel with a BB warmth. The owners are 100 involved in making sure you enjoy your stay.
- Great location to golf course. Great heritage building.
- The location suits our needs perfectly because we have friends and relatives in the area, however it would serve as an excellent base for anyone wishing to visit Glasgow and Edinburgh . The rooms are clean and comfortable, breakfast is second to none and evening meals equally good, despite the reduced menu due to coronavirus rules. The hosts and staff are very helpful and friendly and its good value for money.
- Excellent cooked breakfast along with fresh berries to go with yoghurt. Met needs for glutenfree well. Very friendly staff. J
The Cross Keys Wetherspoon
Located in Peebles, The Cross Keys Wetherspoon features a bar, garden and free WiFi throughout the property. The hotel has family rooms.All guest rooms are equipped with air conditioning, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an electric tea pot, a shower, a hairdryer and a desk. Rooms are complete with a private bathroom equipped with free toiletries, while some units at the hotel also provide guests with a seating area. The rooms feature a closet.Edinburgh is 23 miles from The Cross Keys Wetherspoon, while Melrose is 24 miles away. The nearest airport is Edinburgh Airport, 27 miles from the accommodation.
- Its central location lovely beer garden and great rooms
- Friendly staff. Very helpful , reasonable. Food and drink prices. Room was excellent and bathroom fantastic clean all you want for a overnight stay. Comfy bed slept like a log. All very good. Enjoyed the short trip
- The double room was spacious and bright, bed very comfortable and bathroom large and modern. Cleanliness exceptional.
- Friendly welcome. Very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room and ensuite. Exceptionally clean and well fitted out. Coffee, tea, biscuits and drinking water supplied in room. Large flat screen TV. Air con. Very comfortable beds. central location with on street parking. Excellent and reasonably priced food served in the pub below. Will definitely use again.
- good selection for breakfast at very keen prices. bar prices unbeatable with full range of famous branded drink. free parking nearby. comfortable beds.
Mercure Livingston Hotel
The Mercure Livingston is a 15-minute drive from Edinburgh Airport and 2 miles from junction 3 of the M8 motorway. It has a brasserie, a restaurant, an indoor pool, a gym, a sauna, and free parking. Complimentary high speed WiFi is available throughout the property.Each room at the Mercure Livingston has an private bathroom and a flat-screen TV. Most rooms look out over the hotel’s lawns and courtyard garden. Interconnecting rooms are also available upon request.The brasserie, bar and restaurant offer modern food and a range of hot, cold and alcoholic drinks. The room service menu is available 24-hour a day. Leisure facilities at the hotel also include a steam room.Beecraigs Country Park is nearby, as well as other family attractions. The Mercure Livingston Hotel is a short walk from the Designer Outlet and the shops.
- Coffee at breakfast was very good for being from machine, Staff lovely, Very pleasant IPA available at bar. Plenty of parking.
- Everything was fab It was my 4 time staying and I will be back again sometime in November Staff are so friendly and helpful .
- Location was excellent for shopping. We just came for a little get away due to have a few plan cancelled due to the times. It was great, clean fresh, very cute reception area with fire.
- Efficient and friendly staff. Good location. Good attention to the current Covid restrictions.
- Appreciated the birthday surprise in the room thank youReception staff very welcoming
Looking for: Best Hotels in West Linton