Cradog Farmhouse B&B
A 25-minute drive from Kilkenny, Cradog Farmhouse B&B offers elegant rooms and a full breakfast menu. On a small beef farm, this award-winning bed and breakfast sits in well-kept gardens and includes a cozy guests’ lounge with open fireplace.Traditionally furnished rooms include a double bed or twin beds, and have a wardrobe. Each has an en suite shower with a hairdryer.Full Irish breakfast is served, along with smoked salmon with scrambled eggs, and French toast with maple syrup. There is homemade bread and muesli, porridge and cereals, as well as fruit, yogurt and tea, coffee and hot chocolate.Overlooking the River Nore, Kilkenny Castle is around 12 mi from Cradog Farmhouse B&B. The spectacular medieval buildings of the Rock of Cashel are around 25 mi away, and you can reach the city of Waterford in around 1 hour’s drive.
- It was extremely comfortable and cozy. Lil Frank were so nice and hospitable. We were welcomed with tea and cake and good conversation. The breakfast was wonderful. Great location to nearby attractions.
- Cute and comfortable farmstay! Room was very clean and cozy! Lil made me a hot cup of tea and we had a nice conversation on my arrival. Breakfast was fantastic! You definitely need a car if you stay, it is a bit out of town but quite nice to get away from busy Kilkenny!
- Very good breakfast, nice owners, good room. One can also use the living room. TV also in the bedroom.
- Very well kept, comfortable place to stay. Excellent host
- Hostess was very nice and breakfast was excellent.
Located 12 miles from Smithwick’s Brewery Tour, Kate’s Rest has accommodations with a shared lounge, a garden and a shared kitchen for your convenience. The bed and breakfast features both WiFi and private parking free of charge.All units come with a seating area, a TV with satellite channels and a private bathroom with a hairdryer and shower. A microwave, a fridge and toaster are also offered, as well as an electric tea pot.Guests at Kate’s Rest can enjoy a continental breakfast.A playground and a sun terrace are available for guests at the accommodation to use.Kilkenny Castle is 12 miles from Kate’s Rest, while St Canices Cathedral and Round Tower is 12 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Waterford Airport, 47 miles from the bed and breakfast.
- We love everything in this place! Very beautiful and friendly owner! Very clean and spacious room! Can tell the owner put a lot of love in renovating his house!
- Easy to check in, great hosts, comfortable room, fast internet, great price. The drive to Kilkenny only takes about 2025 minutes and the view of the area is nice. Free parking on site. The water pressure/temperature in the shower is fantastic and the towels were super soft. The view of the area is beautiful and it was completely silent at night, which was really relaxing.
- Oliver was the perfect host! He fixed us tea on arrival. Our room was comfortable and lovely. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Kates Rest. Would definitely recommend staying here.
- Beautiful home and surroundings. Very clean. Nice breakfast. Ollie greeted us and was extremely helpful getting us settled and helping us find places to buy food and getting to town. Highly recommend
- Super friendly and welcoming host and very spacious rooms
Relaxing Break in the Countryside
Located in Foyle Bridge in the Kilkenny County region, Relaxing Break in the Countryside features a patio and garden views. The property is 24 mi from Portlaoise and free private parking is provided.Featuring a DVD player, the holiday home has a kitchen with a dishwasher, a microwave and a fridge, a living room with a seating area and a dining area, 3 bedrooms, and 1 bathroom with a shower and a bath. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is featured.The holiday home offers a terrace. Guests at Relaxing Break in the Countryside can enjoy hiking nearby, or make the most of the garden.Kilkenny is 12 mi from the accommodations, while Carlow is 27 mi away. The nearest airport is Waterford Airport, 40 mi from Relaxing Break in the Countryside.
- Lovely house in the countryside, very quiet and great for relaxing.
- Ideal location for us to visit family in Ballyraget. Cottage was well equipped and very cosy.
- Everything! Location, facilities, very comfortable home
- Nice rural property with Kilkenny city only about a 15 minute drive away. Very relaxing break.
- Maison trs bien quipe au calme en pleine campagne.Accueil chaleureux.
The Mews is located in Freshford. The accommodations is 25 mi from Portlaoise, and guests benefit from complimentary WiFi and private parking available on site.Composed of 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom with a bath, this holiday home comes with a flat-screen TV.Guests at the holiday home can enjoy hiking nearby, or make the most of the garden.Kilkenny is 9.9 mi from The Mews, while Carlow is 29 mi away. The nearest airport is Waterford Airport, 37 mi from the accommodations.
- The appartment was lovely and set in a beautiful setting. Great for walks in the the forest. The hosts were easy going and very friendly. The dogs also enjoyed their stay. Thank you.
- Our stay at the Mews was lovely. Close enough to Kilkenny, but far enough away to actually be a respite. Loved the surrounds and the chickens.
- Host was wonderful. Location is lovely. Very quaint. Highly recommend for a peaceful stay.
- We loved everything!Wifi is excellent, the kitchen is large and wellequipped, the ownerfamily is very nice and helpful. The surrounding of the house is very quiet. It is easy to access by a private asphalted drive. Freshford is convenient to visit Kilkenny, Rock of Cashel, Carlow,…Our dog was extremely happy to be able to run around and play.
- Lovely quaint farm setting with such tranquility.Beautiful picturesque setting with all the amenities with Kilkenny only a 15 minute drive.Shane is real hospitable and always ensuring the customers needs are met. Our 9 week old pup absolutely loved the space!
Located in Freshford, 21 mi from Portlaoise, Tess’s House provides a garden and free WiFi.There is a private bathroom with shower and a hairdryer in each unit, along with free toiletries.A continental breakfast is available daily at the bed and breakfast.Kilkenny is 8.1 mi from Tess’s House, while Carlow is 21 mi away. The nearest airport is Waterford Airport, 37 mi from the accommodations.
No reviews yet.
Larkside Cottage, Freshford
Located in Freshford in the Kilkenny County region, Larkside Cottage, Freshford is a 3-star property featuring free WiFi. The property is 26 miles from Portlaoise.The vacation home is composed of 2 separate bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, and 2 bathrooms.Guests at the vacation home can enjoy golfing and cycling nearby, or make the most of the garden.Kilkenny is 8 miles from Larkside Cottage, Freshford, while Carlow is 26 miles away. The nearest airport is Waterford Airport, 43 miles from the accommodation.
No reviews yet.
Clone manor farm guesthouse
Located in Kilkenny, 11 mi from Smithwick’s Brewery Tour, Clone manor farm guest house features accommodations with a bar, free private parking, a shared lounge and a garden. Around 11 mi from Kilkenny Castle, the property is also 11 mi away from St Canices Cathedral and Round Tower and offers free WiFi. The guest house has family rooms.All rooms at the guest house have a TV with satellite channels, dvd player, and a private bathroom with a bidet, a hairdryer and free toiletries. Guest rooms include a wardrobe.Clone manor farm guest house offers a continental or Full English/Irish breakfast.Guests at the accommodations will be able to enjoy activities in and around Kilkenny, like cycling.Black Abbey is 11 mi from Clone manor farm guest house, while Rothe House is 11 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Waterford Airport, 39 mi from the guest house.
- Beautiful new home with a charming host who guided us to the local cafe and pub for an authentic Irish experience. Local residents were warm and welcoming. A true non touristy experience. Dont miss it!
- Delightful place! Rooms were spacious and well decorated. Bathroom was huge! We were personally greeted when we arrived. We enjoyed a great breakfast and Michael was so hospitable.
- Beautiful home and rooms. Excellent host with great Irish stories! Loved my first Irish breakfast.
- The facility was brand new, great architecture, very clean and in a beautiful location.The owner/operator was an excellent host. Very friendly.
- The owner/host is very friendly and provided helpful tips for the area. We really enjoyed chatting with him over the delicious Irish breakfast. The rooms and facilities are new and sparkling clean. The location was tranquil and provided a great nights sleep. If in the area wed love to stay again!
Located on the outskirts of Thurles town, Anner Hotel and its leisure center is a pleasant base with friendly staff, fine food and plenty of comforts. Originally a country house, the hotel has expanded to include modern amenities while still holding on to its old world charm and character.Anner Hotel is set in a landscape garden and has bedrooms fitted with modern conveniences and soft colors. The hotel is equipped with conference facilities for up to 350 people, and a car park.The leisure and fitness center serves as a pleasant place to relax, with a 50 feet pool, a kids’ pool, and a sauna, steam room and hot tub.The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and serves tasty cuisine to residents and locals. Ed’s Bar & Bistro offers a selection of beverages, snacks, daily carvery, and an evening à la carte menu. Seasons Restaurant serves a range of traditional Irish and European dishes in a more formal setting.The M8 motorway can be reached in a 6-minute drive. Dublin is 94 mi away, and Cork is 71 mi away.
- From the time we arrived to the time we left we enjoyed every second the staff could not have been more helpful the facilities were excellent. Planning our return already.
- Hotel is really comfortable. Bar restaurant and lobby are really luxurious with very seating areas and a cosy Christmas feel.Staff were very friendly especially the breakfast staff. Lovely selection for breakfast. Gym and pool very nice. Excellent value for money. Very good wifi shower and range of channels in room.
- Had a lovely time, staff were brilliant, Will be back…
- Best shower ever!!!Asked me if my meal was good, I mentionned it was too salty, they brought back a new plate that was just simply perfect!
- the room was excellent. took a while to get the room cool enough though. the breakfast was limited as the pandemic causing issues. we went out for dinner and it was not far at all and it was lovely. the staffs were really nice and frinedly
Located 1.2 mi from the rural town of Ballyragget, Co Kilkenny, Grange Manor features 26 acres of landscaped grounds and easy access to the River Nore. Built in 18th century, this Georgian house offers free parking and free Wi-Fi.Each room at Grange Manor features tea and coffee making facilities and an private bathroom. Some rooms also enjoy a seating area and view of the patio.Breakfast, made of locally sourced produce, is served in the large dining room and it includes homemade breads. Dietary requirements are also catered for upon prior arrangement.The medieval city of Kilkenny, located a 20-minute drive away, has many historic buildings, a castle, and traditional Irish pubs. The Castlecomer Estate, 6.8 mi away, has contemporary art exhibitions.
- Beautiful old Manor House. Very tastefully furnished and decorated. Peaceful and quiet. Fantastic hosts, Mary and Frank. My car broke down and Frank picked us up and dropped us back the following morning to the garage where it was repaired. So kind and hospitable. We had a junior suite and it was magnificent. Breakfast was delicious. All home made and expertly cooked. Mary welcome us very warmly with delicious scones on arrival and gave us a short tour of the house. Wonderful. We will definitely be back.
- Mary and Frank are wonderful hosts. Nothing was too much bother for them.
- Everything about Grange Manor is top class. Mary cooks an excellent breakfast and Frank makes you feel like a lord of the manor. Highly recommended for sheer relaxation and/or a base for further travel.
- The manor itself is quite exceptional, staff are very kind and attentive.
- We felt so welcomed, pampered really. The ambiance is just from a different world, breakfast is excellent, and the scones. The scones!
In the center of Thurles town, the 18th-century Hayes Hotel offers an on-site restaurant and coffee bar, as well as a nightclub on weekends, with live music and entertainment. Guests have free use of the nearby leisure center and free private parking is available.The bright rooms at Hayes all provide an private bathroom. You can relax in each room with a TV and tea/coffee facilities.Breakfast is served each morning, carvery lunches are available during the day, and there is an extensive a la carte menu in the evening. There is also a relaxed, informal bar and the Coffee Dock, which is open all day.Guests can make use of the leisure facilities, just 1,000 feet from the hotel. Hayes Hotel also features its own nightclub at the weekends, with late entertainment on Saturday and Sunday.Thurles Golf Course is just 1.2 mi away, while Thurles Racecourse is a 10-minute walk away. Dublin can be reached in 1.5 hours by car.
- I didnt realize that the hotel had no elevator. That said, they drafted a staff member to carry our several pieces of heavy luggage up to out 2nd i.e. 3rd floor room and back.
- Room was cozy, beds comfortable, food was great, staff was wonderful
- The bed was awfully comfprtable, and the breakfast was delicious!
- The neighborhood is adorable. The food was great at Cusacks.
- Nice atmosphere laid back food was good, friendly staff.Good band playing Saturday night
Looking for: Best Hotels in Urlingford