Hotel Rural Nova Ruta
Offering a restaurant serving homemade meals, Hotel Rural Nova Ruta is located in Trabadelo. Set by Valcarce River and located on the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage Route, the guest house offers free Wi-Fi.With rustic-style, each room comes with a TV and private bathroom. Towels and bed linen are provided. There is a bar and restaurant serving local products available for guests, as well as a shared lounge.Surrounded by nature, Hotel Rural Nova Ruta is set in the ideal location for outdoor activities such as hiking and cycling. Villafranca del Bierzo is 5 minutes’ drive offering a variety of traditional Spanish restaurants.Ponferrada Train Station and the city center are 19 mi away. De los Ancares reserve is 10 minutes away by car. El Castillo de los Templarios and Las Medulas are 20 minutes away by car.
- Friendly, helpful staff. Good location. Very clean and well maintained.
- It was clean, water pressure was good, hot water, good drainage. Pretty and good location at the beginning of the village.
- Staff are very helpful. Clean and food in the restaurant are excellent.
- Not very crowded. We got some sweet cherries prior to dinner
- The Dinner was 7 o Clock. The Next staff Said 7:30 and the opening was 9 o clock. This was Not Good!
Located in the village of Ambasmestas, CTR Ambasmetas offers free Wi-Fi, free private parking and a traditional restaurant. It is just a 2-minute drive from Junction 420 of the A-6 Motorway.The charming rooms at CTR Ambasmestas have large windows and are decorated in warm colors. Each room includes a flat-screen TV, a telephone and a private bathroom with a shower.The CTR has a café and a lounge with an open fireplace. The restaurant serves authentic Galician cuisine, including local rice, meat and fish dishes made with produce from the El Bierzo region.CTR Ambasmestas is just a 25-minute drive from the stunning landscape of Las Médulas, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Lugo is 47 mi away, while León is 87 mi away.
- Cozy and comfortable. Restaurant on site was very nice and the food was delicious.
- Lovely village location on El Camino. Very, very neat and clean. Lots of hot water, good pressure and comfortable beds. Dinner was delicious, as was the breakfast with local cheeses and meats.
- Our Pilgrim’s menu dinner was particularly good. Special praise for staff member Stephanie who was really helpful & efficient. Fabulous shower.
- We stayed one night while walking the Camino. The owner was very welcoming and our room was lovely, modern and clean. It had a terrace and a nice bathroom, shower small but good, beds ok.
- Very nice. Clean. Good food. Excellent WiFi. Right on Camino with great terrace
Located on the Santiago Way, near Galicia, this hotel has bright and cheerful bedrooms with modern decor. Dine in the restaurant and cafe.Enjoy the great outdoors and easy access to the surrounding towns thanks to the Valcarce’s location. Located near the main roads through the region, you can easily explore the area and make the most out of your time in Spain.The Valcarce’s bedrooms have smart wooden floors and all feature a digital stereo and complete private bathroom.The hotel has easy access onto the A6 motorway making for opportune touring of the surrounding area.
- Hotel for rest. Located 500m from La Portela del Valcarse. Large apartment, airy, clean and very comfortable. Convenience of restaurant, bar and convenience store in the same building. Easy access to the Camino de Santiago route.
- The restaurant food was excellent. The room was very quiet
- Veldig bra mat i restauranten og hyggelig betjening.
- Atención buena, comida casi (si no) 24 h, habitaciones limpias, trato bueno
Très bien situé pour le Camino,
Self à tout heure
Located in the Balboa Valley, Ancares offers bright rooms with a flat-screen TV and wonderful views of the surrounding hills. Guests can use the free bicycles to explore the countryside.Rooms at Ancares have simple décor and wooden floors. All rooms have a small balcony, a mini-bar and a private bathroom.The hotel’s extensive gardens include a stream with wooden bridges. Guests can enjoy drinks and snacks in the café-bar.There is free on-site parking, and the A6 Motorway is only 3.1 mi away.
Ponferrada is 22 mi from the hotel, while Lugo is around 50 mi away. The UNESCO World Heritage Site of Las Médulas is a 45-minute drive away.
- Amazing nature around! Very relaxing with amazing breakfast!
- The room was bigger than how it looks like in photos. The bed was super comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. Nice location. Very quiet. 5 min drive to restaurants and little towns.
- Ubicacion y trato excelente, ningun tipo de problema para nada. Sitio precioso.
- Amabilidad del personal. Preciosa ubicación. Habitaciones amplias y cómodas.
- El emplazamiento del lugar, su tranquilidad y la gran amabilidad de su personal. Es la segunda vez que voy y, desde luego, no será la última.
One of our top picks in Villafranca del Bierzo.Plaza Mayor is set in the main square of the Medieval town of Villafranca de Bierzo, in the town center. It offers functional rooms with free WiFi and a flat-screen satellite TV.Each room at the Plaza Mayor Guest House features air conditioning, central heating and a safe. Rooms also have a private bathroom with a hairdryer and free toiletries; and some rooms have a balcony with city views.Guests can enjoy a varied buffet breakfast at the Plaza Mayor. There is also a snack bar and a shared TV lounge.Set next to the A6 Motorway, Plaza Mayor offers private parking for an extra charge. It is within a 30-minute drive of Ponferrada and the stunning landscape of Las Medulas, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including cycling and hiking.
- Warm, friendly host. Great breakfast. Central location.
- Everything. It was in a beautiful location on the Plaza my room had a lovely view. Big room beautiful bathroom and spotless. Staff were lovely.
- The small hotel is in the perfect location on the main plaza literally steps from great food, drinks, grocery, bank, pharmacy or anything you’d want. Staff very friendly. Charming place.
- Everything was clean and well-maintained. Breakfast was fantastic and low-priced.
- This was an outstanding stop on the Camino. A balcony overlooking Plaza Mayor. Fantastic bathroom and clean, comfortable room and beds. Outstanding, helpful staff. Breakfast included hard-boiled eggs, fresh meats, cheeses, fruit and breads. A true value and a place I would always stay if I return to Villafranca.
El Capricho de Josana
The Capricho de Josana is located in Herrerías de Valcarce, on the Santiago Pilgrimage Route. There is free Wi-Fi and all rooms have private bathrooms.The heated rooms in El Capricho de Josana feature stone walls and flat-screen TVs with cable channels.The restaurant offers breakfast, lunch and dinner, specializing in dishes from the Castile and León region. In warm weather there is also a terrace, as well as large gardens.Set by the Valcarce River, El Capricho is located at the foot of O Cebreiro Mountain, just 1.9 mi from the Galician border.
- Warm, helpful hosts. Beautiful room overlooking the valley. Exceeded our expectations. Excellent dinner at the restaurant.
- This is a family owned and operated hotel and they are so nice! The food was outstanding and the rooms were clean, comfortable, and beautiful! Gorgeous Mountain View’s outside your window and just a wonderful evening in every way!
Very beautiful and comfortable hotel.
Staff was friendly and remembered us from previous stays.
Food was excellent!
Very nice property and host was great.
Awesome dinner but high end on price
Room was nicest yet.
- The food was amazing! Best food I’ve had in the Camino. The hotel is right on the Camino, great location!
Las Doñas del Portazgo
This charming 18th century mansion lies in the Medieval town of Villafranca del Bierzo, on the Camino de Santiago. Rooms feature free Wi-Fi and mini-bar, plasma-screen TV and a hydromassage shower.All of the elegant rooms at Las Doñas del Portazgo offer air conditioning, satellite TV, a mini-bar and a modern bathroom with amenities. Each has its own different interior design.Las Doñas del Portazgo’s restaurant serves local-style cuisine and a varied breakfast. Guests can relax with a massage or in the reading area.Las Doñas’s 24-hour reception can help organize visits to wine cellars in the local area. The El Bierzo region is also home to the Las Médulas Roman Gold Mine, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Room was lovely decorated. Very friendly staff and bathroom was great! All in all a 10!
- We’ve stayed at Las Donas several times and each time is great. Great facilities and pleasant, helpful staff. Loved it!
- Location was right on the Camino. Friendly staff.
Who doesn’t love staying in an 18th century mansion! Our room was comfortable, quiet and the staff was very friendly.
Perfect location for the Camino.
- Beautiful place, extremely nice people, Theresa and Ana were absolutely nice!!!
Located in Pedrafita do Cebreiro, Casa Pazos has a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property. The property has a tour desk and luggage storage space for guests.At the hotel all rooms include a desk, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.Ponferrada is 31 miles from Casa Pazos, while Villafranca del Bierzo is 16 miles from the property.
- Everything was fine. Many nice decorative touches in the hotel and room. Very clean. Parking near. Beds ample and comfortable. Staff very helpful.
- Right on the Camino path. Great restaurant close by for an amazing dinner. Laundry mat very close by.
Very very helpful staff! Warm and friendly! Rooms warm, very clean and spacious, lovely comfortable beds!Very nice simple dinner in the cafe on the ground floor ( not attached to this we hotel )
High recommend this hotel!
- Wonderful very helpful staff! The hotel owner lives on site and even gave me a ride to the Camino trailhead to start my first day on the Camino! The town is very small and this is the only real place to stay . The restaurant next door is very reasonable and delicious food!
- Clean and spacious rooms. The people is so friendly!
Parador de Villafranca del Bierzo
Parador Villafranca del Bierzo is less than 0.6 mi from the center of Villafranca del Bierzo, south of the Ancares Mountains. The hotel features 2 seasonal swimming pools, a terrace and restaurant.The modern rooms at Parador de Villafranca feature stylish décor with parquet floors. They come with flat-screen satellite TV, a mini-bar and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Each one offers views of the garden, the terrace, the mountains or the town of Villafranca del Bierzo.The Villafranca’s restaurant serves traditional Spanish cuisine, specializing in local cured meats, cheeses and pastries, as well as rice with botillo, a Bierzo pork dish. Local quality wines are also on offer.The Villafranca has an outdoor and indoor pool, both open during summer months. Other hotel facilities include a bar and lounge.The Parador Villafranca del Bierzo is a 30-minute drive from the Galician border and from the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Las Médulas. Activities in the Bierzo region include fishing, mountain biking and hiking.There is good motorway access from the hotel, and free parking is available on site.
- Nice property. Nice rooms. Have a good spa. But overpriced for the amenities that the hotel has.
- This hotel was spacious, beautiful views and friendly staff. We enjoyed everything here.
- Nice clean and new room, quiet, great view from our window
- Spacious clean room. Well appointed. Bathroom very nice. Welcoming ice water upon check-in was a nice touch. Property very well -maintained.
- The best breakfast I’ve had at any Parador! There was a great variety apart from the typical and it was replenished regularly. There was also a menu of hot dishes to order from a menu. Friendliest staff I’ve encountered anywhere. Very short walk to the plaza mayor and interesting historical sites to visit. Perfect location for visiting Las Medulas. In addition to breakfast, we also had lunch in the restaurant – once, ordering from the menu and the other time with the set menu – both were excellent in terms of quality and presentation. Hygiene and measures related to covid were meticulously followed by both hotel staff and guests.
La Moncloa de San Lazaro
Moncloa de San Lázaro is a converted 13th-century hospital located in Cacabelos, on the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage Route. It offers country-style accommodations with free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen TV.The rooms at Moncloa San Lázaro feature wooden floors and ceilings. They are equipped with air conditioning and heating, and the private bathrooms come with a hairdryer.The hotel’s restaurant serves characteristic food from the El Bierzo region, using fresh, local produce. It is decorated all in wood, and there is also a café-bar with similar traditional décor.Located in Castilla y León’s Bierzo region, Hotel Moncloa has a charming shop which sells local artisan produce such as wines and jams. There is also an exhibition hall displaying work by local artists.The town of Ponferrada is 6.8 mi away from Moncloa de San Lázaro. You can drive to the Roman mines of Las Médulas, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, in around 30 minutes.
Cozy homey feeling. Very clean. Late bathroom and super hot water!
Exceptionally good food. Local produce.
Staff and very friendly and helpful.
A place to stay and enjoy.
- This hotel was great. Great gift shop, huge bar area that was filled with locals, wonderful outdoor restaurant, good food, garden area where you could sit and soak in the warm sun. The room was large and very comfortable for my friend and me.
- Right on the Camino and with a nice garden and a good bar and kitchen. Even when the proper restaurant opened late for a pilgrim, we could eat from a nice menu in the bar.
- Everything about this Inn was very well done. Our room was exceptional in size and comfort. Upon registration we were welcomed with a glass of wine and a piece of empanada each. The restaurant food was very good. One of our nicest stays on the Camino
- Very charming and welcoming hotel. The restaurant was superb. Breakfast was excellent also.
- Cozy homey feeling. Very clean. Late bathroom and super hot water!
Looking for: Best Hotels in Trabadelo