Hotel Juan de la Cosa
Featuring a great beachfront location, Hotel Juan de la Cosa offers self-catering apartments in Santoña. The building is equipped with a pleasant shared indoor pool and a sauna.Apartments are all fitted with free WiFi access, a living room with a sofa-bed, a TV, a dining room and a private bathroom with a hairdryer and free toiletries. Some apartments have air conditioning and ocean views.The complex has a bar, café and restaurant. Special diet menus are available on request, as are packed lunches, room service and breakfast in your apartment.There is a TV lounge and games room. Additionally, laundry and dry cleaning facilities are available for an extra fee. Guests can also hire a car and an airport shuttle service for an extra fee. The A8 Motorway is just 8 minutes’ drive from the complex and Bilbao Airport is an hour’s drive away.
- The best food out of two weeks in Spain so far. The grilled octopus (crunchy) over some mashed potatoes was one of the best things ever eaten in our lives! Also they had something they called cheese ice cream that was so different and good it cannot be described.
- Sea view room is a must—amazing surfer beach. Facilities and service are very professional and friendly. Restaurant/bar are excellent. Pool and sauna a nice extra. Breakfast features eggs, bacon and granola plus fresh fruit, etc.
The hotel location, right in front of the beach of Berria and a few meters away from the sand is most likely the best location you can find in the area. It is also very close to the surf schools.
We could not enjoy much of the hotel facilities due to the short time we spent at the hotel and to the COVID-19 restrictions, but it seemed to have a variety of them (indoor swimming pool and sauna). The restaurant/cafeteria had a nice terrace, although one cannot see the sea from it (sand dunes blocking the view).
The room itself, a double room with sea view, was spacious and clean. The view of the beach was perfect (you have to pay for it though, since not all rooms face the sea). The bathroom was also clean and had a large and easy to access shower; also the countertop had a relatively large surface area. There was also a safe, always handy to store your valuable belongings.
During our stay, the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.
- VISTAS A UN APLAYA MARAVILLOSA DE AGUAS CRISTALINAS. HABITACIÓN AMPLIA Y CONFORTABLE.
The location was great, 45 mins a from the ferry ports of Santander and Bilboa. And the bonus was it was on the beach.
Clean,with friendly staff. Pay extra for a sea view.
Hostel El Paloma
Located in Santoña, a 15-minute walk from Playa de La Salve, Hostel El Paloma provides accommodations with a bar and private parking. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and Playa del Regaton is a 19-minute walk away.Guests at the hotel can enjoy a continental breakfast.The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 27 miles from Hostel El Paloma.
- Very clean, easy booking, access and parking in front of the building
- La habitación era amplia y cómoda. Además la limpieza era buena.
- Las camas super cómodas y el sitio muy silencioso se descansa va muy bien
- La comodidad, la cercanía al centro, al lado de la estación de autobús y con un sistema de código para entrar que nos ha parecido muy útil.Habitación nueva y con todo lo necesario para una buena estancia.Amabilidad del personal,que nos ha permitido dejar la maleta una vez dejado el hostal.Repetiríamos sin dudarlo.
Zone tranquille et à la fois très proche du centre
Tout est neuf et l’essentiel y est (TV, meuble pour valises, stores électriques et rideaux, sèche-cheveux, grande douche italienne praticable pour handicapés)
Hotel Playamar Spa
Hotel Playamar is set on Laredo’s seafront promenade, 500 feet from the yacht club. It offers free WiFi, a spa, and rooftop terrace with a seasonal outdoor swimming pool.Modern rooms feature a private terrace and flat-screen TV, heating and a safe. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer and hydro-massage column.The restaurant serves traditional cuisine in a bright, modern dining room. There is also a bar-cafeteria where drinks and snacks are available.For an extra charge, guests can relax in the Playamar spa, which includes an indoor pool with swan neck water jets.Playamar Hotel has a 24-hour reception. There is easy access to the A8 Motorway and Santander Airport is 27 mi away.
- The view was amazing. The food was good for a 3 star hotel and good value for money.
- Very friendly Staff. The bar was full of life. Dinner and breakfast delicious.
The spa was amazing. Worth every penny. Discounted for hotel guests. It is small be luxurious.
Had the buffet dinner which was cheap and cheerful
The breakfast was more than adequate. And the service, although buffet style, was very good. A very attentive gentleman who cared about people.
- Todo. El lugar, el precio y el personal. El señor que nos atendió en recepción fue muy atento y agradable.
- Das Personal war sehr freundlich uns hilfsbereit, die Aussicht vom Zimmerbalkon oder vom DACHPOOL ist unglaublich und das Hotel ist direkt am Strand. Das Frühstück hatte ein gutes Angebot und das Zimmer war wirklich sehr sehr sauber!
Posada La Rivera De Escalante
Posada La Rivera De Escalante is a 100-year-old traditional stone and wood building in the small village of Escalante. All rooms have free Wi-Fi and a plasma-screen TV.This rustic guest house is set just 3.7 mi from Santoña and 28 miles from Santander. There is easy access across Cantabria.The building is just 650 feet from Santoña Nature Reserve and offers great views. Santoña’s Berria Beach is only 2.4 mi away.The Posada De Escalante has a terrace, and they offer a homemade breakfast of fresh fruit, yogurt and other local dishes. There is also a fridge for guests’ use. Bicycle rental and packed lunches are available.
- The room was beautiful in color and design. The whole establishment had a cottage feel. The owners are wonderful and have created a cozy common area. Our breakfast did not come with our room, however we enjoyed it and would recommend the experience.
- Lovely original features, very clean, good sized room, friendly hosts willing to assist in any way. Out of town next to glorious views of the bay with small village within walking distance, bars local.
What a charming place. The host made us very welcome and breakfast delicious. Loved the toasted ham and cheese 😋
Comfy bed, good sleep.
Perfect as a stop over for us.
- Great room ! It was very spacious, super clean and comfortable! The employees were very thoughtful! The location was perfect for us, and it has a nice area around!
The owner was incredible nice and gave us super good tips for everything. Breakfast was delicious and location is great if you want to explore the environment.
We’ve been only one night but would return to relax, hike or similar
Hotel Rural en Escalante Las Solanas
Hotel Rural en Escalante Las Solanas is set in Cantabria’s green countryside, just 2.5 mi from Berria Beach. This traditional country house offers simple rooms with a TV and free Wi-Fi.Each room at the Escalante Las Solanas has views of the surrounding hills and fields. Rooms also feature central heating and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.Las Solanas has a TV lounge and a café with terrace, where snacks and drinks are served. There are also various restaurants in the village of Escalante, offering characteristic Cantabrian cuisine.Hotel Rural en Escalante Las Solanas is just 4.3 mi from the fishing village of Santoña, famous for its anchovies. The beaches of Noja, Ris and Trengandín are 3.1 mi away, while Santander is 22 mi away.The A8 Motorway is within a 2-minute drive, and free parking can be found nearby.
- Personal interaction in spite of language barrier.
- Extremely helpful service and very nice location in a cozy village.
- Friendly and very helpful staff. Very good communication with the hotel prior to my stay. Located in a very pretty village. Good breakfast. Overall very good value for money.
We have been travelling annually to the south of Spain and always stop here on our way to and from Malaga.
Very clean and welcoming. No frills and great value. Good base for the area or as we do, place to recharge the batteries.
Clean and cosy hotel, in a lovely rural village, perfect starting point for hikes in the natural parc. Maps are available in the common room.
The staff was very welcoming. Good breakfast.
Hotel Las Olas
Hotel Las Olas is set right on Playa Trengandín Beach, in the Cantabrian resort of Noja, 150 feet from the center. Free WiFi is available in public areas.Each room has wooden floors and simple modern design. Rooms feature a mini-bar, a flat-screen TV, and a desk. Some rooms offer views of the sea. The bathroom comes with free toiletries, bath or shower, and hairdryer.The Las Olas Hotel serves à la carte meals in its restaurant, which has a seafront terrace. The hotel also offers a café-bar.Guests have free access to a games room that features a Wii console, a chimney, books, and a TV with cable channels.Santander is a 40-minute drive away, while Bilbao can be reached in under an hour. Private parking is available at the hotel.
- Beautiful location right on the beach. Staff friendly. Right on the Camino route so it’s hard to get lost! Great breakfast buffet included in your room fee.
- Pillows were comfy, everything was very clean, the staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great. Our room had a lovely view of the beach and Noja was very quaint town.
- Beautiful view from the restaurant. Nice breakfast.
- Everything else! The staff was very nice, the view from the room, the cleanliness, the decoration
- Staff were great , location over looking beach ideal
One of our best sellers in Isla! Set on Sable Beach in Quejo, Hotel Astuy offers rooms and apartments with sea views. It features a seasonal outdoor pool and a restaurant.All simply decorated rooms at Hotel Astuy have free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen TV.The Astuy’s restaurant serves a range of Cantabrian cuisine, including seafood dishes. Cafés and bars can be found in the center of Quejo and by the seafront.Noja is 5 mi from the hotel and Bilbao can be reached in an hour by car. Santander and its ferry terminal are 31 mi away.
- The view and location is outstanding. The rooms were nicely appointed and clean.
- Great location, friendly staff, good place for a walk around and plenty of restaurants around including the excellent one at the hotel.
- The buffet breakfast was probably as good as it gets. The dinner was excellent The staff were friendly and efficient
- Location excellent, food also. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful.
- Outstanding location. We had a sea view room with just amazing views. Breakfast and dinner we good value for money and served in the restaurant overlooking the sea.
Hotel Las Ruedas
Hotel Las Ruedas is located 2.5 mi from Laredo’s Salvé Beach. This beautiful building has original stained glass windows and offers rooms with flat-screen satellite TV and free Wi-Fi.Each room at the Las Ruedas Hotel features air conditioning and tiled floors. All rooms have a private bathroom with a hairdryer and toiletries.Las Ruedas has a bar and a traditional restaurant, serving characteristic Cantabrian cuisine. Staff at reception can arrange car or bike rental and provide information about the region.Located in the Cantabrian countryside between Laredo and Santoña, the hotel is a 2-minute drive from the A8 Motorway. Santander is 28 mi away and Bilbao is 37 mi away. Las Ruedas offers free private parking.
- This hotel has clean, comfortable, stylish rooms with excellent bathrooms. The staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is good quality and great value. There is a restaurant and bar. We didn’t eat at the restaurant but we had drinks at the bar which were good and very reasonably priced. The location is good for traveling by train or bus. I’d recommend the bus trip up to Noja and Laredo. The train to Santander is very convenient and good value.
- Well built hotel but because of all of the tile work you could hear your neighbours activities through the walls
- Ideal location for the ferry from Santander. Extremely friendly and obliging. Let us check in late when our ferry was delayed. Lovely room with comfortable bed, great shower and good wifi. Breakfast is buffet style with loads of options and fabulous coffee. Will definitely stay again.
- Pleasant room, Nice bathroom. Old building with many Beautiful historical details, good breakfast
- Dinner was very good. The bedroom was clean and warm. The staff were very helpful.
One of our top picks in Laredo.This charming coastal hotel is located just 500 feet from Salve Beach in Laredo and is set within beautiful gardens. The colonial-style El Ancla serves breakfast at any time of day.The classic rooms at Hotel El Ancla feature free Wi-Fi and a TV. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer.The hotel offers guests an inviting lounge with a large wood fire and flat-screen TV. It also has an attractive bar.Ancla’s restaurant serves delicious fresh fish. Guests can choose from the daily menu or à la carte options. Gluten-free meals are available on prior request.Cabarceno Natural Park and Altamira Caves are just 40 minutes’ away by car. The cities of Santander and Bilbao are 31 mi away.
- The hotel has specific charm of beautiful old building. Location is excellent.
- The staff did everything they could to answer questions and make the temperature in my room perfect.
- The staff was very helpful. Maria is a delight. I loved the decor, especially the paintings and the marine artifacts.
Comfortable beds, having breakfast in the lovely garden, we where allowed to park our motorcycles inside the gates by the garden, and it’s only a 3 minutes walk to the beach.
Only had one evening meal there, but was very nice
- Interior of hotel, really interesting and quirky. Beautiful garden with lovely places to sit. Very peaceful.
Hotel Olimpo is located on a 56 ft² peninsula in Isla, a 5-minute walk from the center, with direct access to 2 beaches and the seafront promenade. It offers an outdoor pool, a sauna, a gym, a tennis court, and a boutique shop. Free WiFi and free private parking are provided.Each of the rooms at the Olimpo has a private terrace with views over the beaches of Isla and Noja. All are air conditioned and feature a mini-bar and a flat-screen TV. The private bathroom comes with free toiletries, bath, and hairdryer.Guests can enjoy wonderful views of the sea from the gastro bar-café and terrace at Hotel Olimpo. The restaurant serves seafood specials and local produce vegetables.In July and August the hotel offers live music or DJ and a nursery for children. There is also a boat that takes guest for free to la Playa La Barrosa Beach.
- Location was great, reasonably priced and the restaurant was pretty good. The breakfast buffet was adequate with proactive and courteous staff and there were 2 coffee stations which helped avoid the dreaded queuing/unnecessary gathering around of guests
Loved the pool area with the sun beds and parasols there. The pool is lovely to swim in! The little beaches at the foot of the hotel are wonderful. The bar staff were excellent and really helpful. The outdoor seating area at the cafeteria was also lovely. Generally, the beaches and costal places around are absolutely stunning! Super body boarding opportunities. The sand is wonderfully fine and golden and there is so much of it. The area is quite unique.
We were a family of 3 and our room had a separate room connected for our daughter, which we were very pleased with and were not expecting!
Overall we were really pleased with our stay here.
- I turned up at my usual hotel 3 miles away to find it closed for winter. Did a booking. Com search and found this absolute palace of a hotel. I arrived late but nothing was too much trouble. Had a beach view room even though it was dark the sound of the sea is awesome. Room was spotless bed comfy bathroom 5*. Breakfast started a little late for me but it was a Saturday morning. Food excellent in these troubled times , coffee hot. Receptionists were awesome so helpful and nothing too much trouble. Price was in believably cheap for such a hotel. I’ll be using this hotel from now on as I travel regularly to Spain
- Location, good parking, cleanliness of hotel and facilities, pleasant and helpful staff, fantastic views and the use of the pool. Excellent breakfast in all a very enjoyable stay and certainly would book again.
- The hotel has a lovely location in central Isla. It is a beautiful seaside resort. The weather however was wet and windy, however we made the most of the poor conditions. The room was comfortable and the views great. It is a pity we were not able to utilise the balcony. Buffet breakfast in the morning was substantial.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Santoña