Albergo Ristorante Svizzero
Located 250 feet from the waterfront at Lake Lugano, Hotel Svizzero can be found in front of the Mount Generoso Train Station. It offers a restaurant-pizzeria with a covered terrace.Located between Mount Generoso and Mount San Giorgio, all rooms at Svizzero Hotel have a mini-bar and a cable TV. Some rooms face the side street and others face the Mount St. Giorgio. Free Wi-fi is available in all of them.The restaurant-pizzeria, which features an open fireplace, serves a combination of regional food and international cuisine.You can park your car for free on site.
- We usually do not eat at the place where we sleep because we like to explore the local restaurant. But due to poor weather we made an exception and we were very happy: the restaurant offers very tasty food at affordable prices and the service was very friendly and efficient.
- My room was clean comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful, the food was delicious! The location was excellent for the train and Mt Generoso.
- Good value for money, very close to the lake, easy to reach from the freeway. The room was quite small, but clean and cozy. Recommendable otion for a night or two.
- Very nice hotel for family stay. Breakfast was really good. On stay, I recommend enjoying in the hotel restaurant. My family had dinner at the hotel restaurant and it was really good. Special thanks to the hotel personnel, who helped us with all our arrangements and to pick good dishes from the menu.
- The facility was very clean. The staff was able to accommodate our after hours arrival.
Hotel Serpiano is set in the heart of Monte San Giorgio, 2,133 feet above Lake Lugano. It features an indoor pool and a hot tub in the spa area.The Serpiano’s restaurant serves creative cuisine from the Ticino region in the dining room. The sunny, spacious terrace is an ideal place to consume meals during nice weather. Half board is available on request.Every comfortable room has a balcony and a mini-bar. Bathrobes and slippers are also provided.Beauty treatments and various massages complete the spa experience. A sauna, a steam bath and a fitness center are also at guests’ disposal.Monte San Giorgio is a UNESCO World Heritage site and an ideal starting point for hikes and relaxation among nature. Lake Lugano is a 30-minute drive away. Milan can be reached within an hour.Hotel Serpiano offers free private parking on site.
Except for the size of the rooms, every other thing in this hotel is FANTASTIC.
The view, the Spa, the breakfast, the interior decorations, the location,….etc
- Amazing view over Morcote and Lugano, very nice restaurant, pool & terrace!
The staff was so kindly. Friendly too much. breakfast was good.
- The view is fantastic. Breakfast is great. Rooms are large and comfy. The hamam was really good, so was the jacuzzi. The funicular + boat to morcote was really amazing (20chf two ways pp). The staff was very sweet.
- The view is excellent, the facilities were great and the staff was really helpful, even when coming up with extra requests. We would recommend this hotel for others.
- Except for the size of the rooms, every other thing in this hotel is FANTASTIC.
Completely renovated in 2016, the Morgana is located in a quiet area of Mendrisio and is easy to reach from the Mendrisio exit of the A2 Lugano-Chiasso motorway, 5.6 mi from the Italian border and 1.9 mi from Lake Lugano.All rooms provide mini-bar, air conditioning, a TV, a safe and free WiFi.Guests can enjoy a glass of local wine at the in-house bar or on the palm terrace.In summer you can enjoy the sun on a spacious terrace or at the cool swimming pool.
- Our room. Clean and nice w/ big balcony. Its kinda new. B’fast is included & there’s a lot of choices. The staff so friendly both in the reception & restaurant. Parking is free of charge too.
- Friendly staff, conveniently located, good breakfast.
- Perfect for a weekend just walking distance in Mendrisio,helpful staff, quiet rooms,new bathrooms.A place to go back to!!
Spacious room, very clean and modern.
Pool was lovely
- Very friendly staff – very clean – I will come back.
One of our top picks in Bissone.The Hotel Campione in Bissone, on the banks of Lake Lugano, offers you a lakeside pool with a panoramic terrace and free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel.In front of the restaurant you will find a panoramic terrace with views over the mountains San Salvatore and Brè, the lake and the bay of Lugano.The big casino is only a 10-minute walk away from the Campione hotel. Free public parking with limited spaces is possible at a location nearby and private garage parking spaces are available on site for an extra charge.
- Frencesca was an amazing host and really made our stay amazing!! Will come back again just because of the great experience I had!! Thank you frencesca!!
- Very nice area. Ten minutes to reach the city and easy drive to Fox Town. Hotel is very clean. Swimming pool area is ok but need update. Cappuccino which made the lady from the restaurant was amazing and she was nice, friendly and attentive, really a great staff as well by check out Receptionist was so funny and talkative.
Perfect! We had a wonderful four day stay at Hotel Campione. The pool was perfect for the kids (5 & 8); never too crowded. Dinner at the hotel was wonderful as my husband and I could sit and watch the kids swim while we waited for dinner. Day trips were nearby and easy to get to. We had nightly swims in the pool by ourselves, before the kids’ bedtime. We found two nearby playgrounds, although both were closed because of Corona and a nearby village was just a scooter ride (we brought our own scooters) away for some delicious pizza right on the lake.
Rooms were clean and spacious and the staff was so welcoming and friendly.
- Location was just perfect. Staff were very nice. Due to the time of the year, we found free parking on premise easily. Breakfast was more than adequate. Highly recommended.
- Excellent location, staff and facilities. Really recommended.
The Hotel Milano is located in Mendrisio, just 2,300 feet from the highway Milano-Lugano, across the main railway station and the post office.In the Hotel Milano you will find a restaurant serving characteristic Italian kitchen and various Mediterranean specialties.The rooms are spacious and fully en-suite and include air conditioning. Internet service is available in your room and at the reception free of charge.There is also an American Bar, a hall for banquets, meetings, conferences and cocktail parties.The Fox Town Shopping Center is 0.6 mi away.
- Newly renovated rooms. Far better and beautiful compared to the last time I stayed there! Keep it up!
The staff was friendly and helpful.
Clean and comfortable.
- We had to leave early, so they let us have breakfast at 6 rather than 7. Clean rooms.
Newly furbished place next to Mendrisio station in an oldish building.
+ parking garage
+ comfortable beds
++ the restaurant: food and staff
- We stayed one night on the way from Italy to Zurich. The hotel is located just 8-10 min driving from the border. We have not expected to see modern hotel with big bright room (superior twin room) with comfortable beds. But it was!!! The breakfast was basic but good. It was clean and quiet ( although there is a train station nearby). We could park the car in the hotel garage. We highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again.
Albergo Ristorante La Palma
Set directly on the shore of Lake Lugano, Albergo Ristorante La Palma is located 150 feet from Bissone Harbor. It offers bright rooms with air conditioning, free WiFi, and a flat-screen cable TV. The restaurant serves Mediterranean and international cuisine.The allergy-free rooms are decorated with soft colors and offer scenic views of the lake. They are fitted with a mini-bar and a modern bathroom with a shower.You can start your day with a rich breakfast at the Ristorante La Palma.The Swissminiatur open-air museum is 2,300 feet from the property, while the center of Lugano is 5 mi away. You can find the Bissone Paese Bus Stop 150 feet away.
This is a restaurant and a hotel. The whole first floor is a restaurant. Pretty good location overviewing the lake and mountains. From outside it’s a charming historical building. The room was comfortable, pretty big comparing to other hotels we stayed at while in Switzerland. Comfortable beds, very clear room. Other than our view from the window, everything was great. We loved the breakfast too! It was included in the room price. No hot meals, but good selection of foods including croissants, cheese, meat cuts, desserts, and coffee. I was getting freshly made capuccino every morning which was very delicious.
P.S. most hotels don’t have an iron in the room. They offer, however, laundry and ironing services, but not very affordable.
P.S. the had a rental car and parked it on the street for 10 euros a day. Ask hotel staff for a daily parking pass. Hotel doesn’t have a separate parking lot.
- Breakfast was good, views from the terrace were spectacular, only 5-10 minutes drive to Lugano centre. Some nice restaurants up the road. Really nice staff, and a great restaurant within the Hotel. Would definitely go back.
- A beautiful little hotel with soul and a stunning lakeside restaurant.
- I like the place a lot and the property with the exeptional good restaurant was amazing. We had the best Risotto (truffle) there and the stuff is super friendly and welcoming. Would definitely go again the next time I am in the region.
- Very friendly personal. Clean room! Super View on the lake. Romantic place to be.
- This is a restaurant and a hotel. The whole first floor is a restaurant. Pretty good location overviewing the lake and mountains. From outside it’s a charming historical building. The room was comfortable, pretty big comparing to other hotels we stayed at while in Switzerland. Comfortable beds, very clear room. Other than our view from the window, everything was great. We loved the breakfast too! It was included in the room price. No hot meals, but good selection of foods including croissants, cheese, meat cuts, desserts, and coffee. I was getting freshly made capuccino every morning which was very delicious.
Hotel Touring Chiasso
Hotel Touring Chiasso offers modern rooms, a 2-minute walk from the Chiasso Train Station and in the center of the pedestrian zone. The hotel features 2 restaurants offering a wide range of fine meals, drinks and desserts. Free WiFi is available throughout the property.Rooms have a balcony, mini-bar and a safe. Private bathrooms come with a bath or shower.You can use the free fitness center at Hotel Touring Chiasso. The private parking garage is just a 2-minute walk away.The hotel is just a 2-minute drive from Highway 2 and the Italian border. The nearest airport is Lugano Airport, 13 mi from Hotel Touring Chiasso.
- Clean hotel with nice staff. The wifi worked well and the room was a good size.
- location was excellent as it was beside the local train station and within very short walking distance of the town centre
Location was perfect for me near train station.
Staff super friendly.
- Breakfast spread would satisfy those traveling from many cultures. Scrambled eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, boiled eggs, selection of meats and cheese, breads, pastries and teas, coffee and juice.
- For 3 star hotel this place is really good value for money. Location is great, in Ciasso center just a few hundred meters from Swiss-Italian border and you are in Como. Takes some 10 min maximum by car to Como center. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Its great they have a really nice pizza-pasta restaurant & bar in the hotel building. Prices are reasonable and service is just great.
One of our top picks in Mendrisio.Surrounded by the beautiful landscape of Ticino, Hotel Coronado offers rooms with attached bathroom with free Wi-Fi, a mini-bar and a safe. They are anti-allergic and have air conditioning.Hotel Coronado has a number of restaurant serving both international and local Ticinese specialties. The Locanda San Gottardo is a family restaurant with a weather-protected terrace, Loggia Bellavista, and the San Martino veranda.Guests can enjoy the cordial atmosphere of the American Piano Bar, adjoining the hotel reception. The street-level Piazzetta Boulevard Café and the traditional English Piccadilly Pub offer foreign specialties.Guests can make use of the Coronado’s own rest and recreation center from 07:00 to 21:00, equipped with a sauna, solarium and gym, as well as toilets and showers for men and women. On the hotel roof there is a unique wind- and noise-protected sun terrace with a 360° view of the Mendrisiotto mountain scenery.The hotel has its own beauty shop, gift shop, and other shopping facilities for guests.
- Not clamorous but a nice locating, clean and all you need.
- It was a pleasant experience to stay at the hotel: the comfort, the cleanliness, the practical facilities and great location!
The staff, everyone, very nice
Good value for money
- It‘s very convenient because it‘s right next to Fox Town. The guy at the Concierge was very kind & helpful. They even upgraded our room. Was a great experience.
- Garage to keep sun off the car and drive up ramp to get close to lift. Just as good as when I visited 5 years ago.
Hotel Zen enjoys a central location, 650 feet from the Balerna Train Station and 1,650 feet from the Chiasso exit of the A2 motorway, and offers free Wi-Fi and free private parking.All rooms at the Zen hotel have a private bathroom and feature a flat-screen TV with cable channels. The rooms are reachable by elevator.Breakfast is served every morning in the Bien être restaurant. An office room is available at the property, as well. Guests can rent it upon request.The Bellavista Bus Stop can be found right in front of the hotel. Within a 10-minute drive you can reach the station of the Monte Generoso Train Line, the Strade del Vino hiking tracks and Como in Italy.
- Ideal for a quick stopover. Spacious rooms and good breakfast
- The hotel location is very convenient within short walking distance to the train station, the town centre and local tourist attractions. The hotel is comfortable and quiet for a peaceful night of sleep.
- Gute Lage, freundliches Personal. Preis/Leistung i. O.
- Empfang sehr freundlich. Grosses Zimmer und sehr komfortabel. Zimmer direkt an der Strasse aber durch gute Abdichtung der Fenster gegen Lärm, hört man nichts von draussen!!! Zimmer sehr schön eingerichtet!!
- Très bien accueilli, la propreté des lieux, places de parque a disposition, a 10 minutes en voiture de la frontière italienne.
ibis budget Lugano Paradiso
Only 650 feet from Lake Lugano, Ibis Budget Lugano Paradiso features free Wi-Fi, a bar, and a restaurant. The center of Lugano is just under a mile away.The rooms at the Lugano Paradiso Ibis Budget all feature a flat-screen TV with cable channels and a private bathroom.The Ibis is just over a mile from Lugano Train Station and 3.5 miles from Lugano-Agno Airport. The Migros-Geretta Bus Stop is right outside the property.
- My girlfriend and I got a free upgrade from the Ibis Budget to Ibis. So really good value for money. Standard Ibis room with a really comfortable bed. Really friendly staff.
- Easy to access central Lugano. The staff were very polite and helpful. Facilities are clean and well-maintained. The underground parking is secure.
- Staff was friendly, easy communication with them and fast check in and check out.
- Very quiet, clean and bright room. A bed was very very comfortable to sleep. The breakfast was wonderful. Helpful and friendly staffs.
Easy going way
Breakfast very good wonderful located apart from works in the nearby street
Looking for: Best Hotels in Riva San Vitale