Howfield Manor Hotel
One of our top picks in Canterbury. This charming hotel is 2 miles from Canterbury and close to Dover and the Eurostar. Dating back to the 12th century, it is surrounded by picturesque hills and fruit trees.Howfield Manor Hotel has 5 acres of gardens and 15 rooms furnished in a traditional style. Each room has free Wi-Fi, satellite TV, and facilities for making tea and coffee.Guests can enjoy freshly cooked French-style cuisine in the restaurant, which is set the oldest part of the building. Food is homemade, and fresh local ingredients are gathered from the nearby towns and villages.Canterbury is a historic cathedral city, with numerous old buildings and attractions. Some structures, including the city wall, were founded in Roman times.
- It was perfect, great rooms in a perfect location, the food in the restaurant was amazing and the staff are all wonderful.
- The room is nice and super clean,staffs are super friendly and helpful,also there is a nice big garden,breakfast is super. Very good value stay.
- A lovely quirky oldey worldy Hotel, comfortable and homely.
- lovely room and pleasant staff, slightly dated , However this is my preference
- The lady who worked there was great ..very clean place and great breakfast.
Holiday Inn Express Canterbury
One of our best sellers in Canterbury! With a 24-hour front desk, this hotel offers free breakfasts and a modern restaurant. Holiday Inn Express Canterbury is located in Upper Harbledown, just outside historic Canterbury.The bright, colorful bedrooms each have a private bathroom with a power shower. Rooms also feature a work desk, tea/coffee facilities and a TV with satellite channels and on-demand movies.Wi-Fi is available free of charge in all areas of the hotel.Guests can enjoy a hearty breakfast each morning, including hot and cold items. The restaurant serves a varied evening menu, and the lounge bar offers afternoon teas, snacks and fresh coffees.The Holiday Inn Express Canterbury is just a 10-minute drive from the city center and the magnificent Canterbury Cathedral. The hotel is located on the A2 road.
- Everything was perfect, super nice staff cleans rooms and facilities and the included breakfast was really filling lots of choices
- very nice breakfast under the virus circumstances well done,excellant. easy access to a2 easy booking. dinner was very nicely cooked
- Breakfast was great especially given Covid circumstances
- Great breakfast buffet. Loved the bacon and eggs. good coffee too.
- Standard facility like other holiday inn express with breakfast
In picturesque Chilham, Woolpack Inn is surrounded by scenic Kent countryside. Just 15 minutes’ drive from Canterbury, the inn has a traditional restaurant, free Wi-Fi, free parking and a leafy terrace.The individual rooms at Woolpack each have a private bathroom and tea/coffee facilities. Rooms also feature a TV and hairdryer, and ironing facilities are also available. Some rooms have four-poster beds.Woolpack Inn features a cozy pub restaurant, offering British cuisine made with local produce. With exposed beams and original features, the bar offers beverages and snacks, and there is also a terrace with outdoor seating.Set among historical Tudor buildings, Woolpack Inn is located just off the A28 road. Ashford can be reached in 20 minutes’ drive, and Canterbury’s picturesque center and cathedral are a 15-minute drive away.
- Comfortable room and bed, excellent shower, great food and with only a short flight of steep stairs as you would expect in an historic building. Very quiet location and easy walking to the castle and village. I would definitely stay here again!
- Wonderful staff, a lovely little room with a very welcome tea selection. The food was also lovely, I wished I wasnt leaving the next day!Beautiful view from the window, and a fantastic garden.
- The family room is perfect as has separate areas and lots of space. The weather was inclement and so we didnt have lots of people eating and drinking outside as I guess it could get busy on warmer days! Shower was great, beds were supercomfy. Staff were very helpful and we enjoyed our evening meal which we had at the pub. Chilham has a lot to offer too even in the rain.
- The room was clean and warm. Excellent shower. We ate there 3 times. On each occasion the staff were friendly and attentive. Food was tasty, hot and good value. Generous portions too. Felt very safe.
- Cosy single room. Very comfortable bed. Lovely breakfast.
With a 4-star rating, this characteristic pub with an open fire and beams offers home cooked cuisine.Originally built as cottages in the 16th century, the Evenhill lies on the A257 in Littlebourne, between Canterbury and Sandwich. The hotel consists of 16 bedrooms, all of which have private bathrooms and air conditioning.
- Absolutely wonderful stay, thank you so much. Staff were amazing and the food was out of this world. Thank you so much for looking after us so well.
- Everything, from the service to the cleanliness. Everyone was polite and friendly. I will definitely be staying there again when Im next in Canterbury.
- Loved that it felt like we were out in the country, even down to seeing the stars. Absolutely brilliant! Breakfast was gorgeous. Staff very Nice. Room was beautiful, comfortable and corner tub was very special. Thank you!
- We brought our dog with us and we were made welcome in the pub. The breakfast was good and they even brought a sausage for the dog. There are lots of interesting looking walks nearby and we intend to go back there sometime for a holiday.
- Very clean, good parking, great breakfast and a PUB for dinner. I would stay here again.
Dating back to 1438, the historic Cathedral Gate is in the heart of Canterbury. Once slept in by pilgrims, the hotel predates the adjoining gateway to Canterbury Cathedral and features wooden beams and sloping floors.The rooms feature a TV, telephone, and tea and coffee making facilities. Each room has a hairdryer, along with a shared or private bathroom. Some rooms have views of Canterbury Cathedral.In the mornings, Cathedral Gate serves continental breakfast. Full English breakfast is also available for an additional fee. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout.The Cathedral Gate is just steps from the bustling Buttermarket and the cathedral precincts. The city is home to numerous high street shops and restaurants, which are within a 2-minute stroll. Canterbury West and Canterbury East Railway Stations are both just 15 minutes’ walk away.
- Excellent location right next to the cathedral, and very nice breakfast.Highly recommended.
- Very central location, lovely breakfast, fruit, cereal croissants and more if wanted.
- I chose the hotel for its location. It is a very old hotel which has seen more than its fair share of history. From the outside terrace you have a clear view of the Cathedral and you know you are somewhere special. We had a room to the front which had a room facing the Buttermarket. yes it can be a bit noisy but Canterbury was always thus, well at least for a millennia with the throng of pilgrims and tourists. The room was the cleanest I have had the pleasure of witnessing
- Quirky building and awesome location. Delicious breakfast and all the staff were amazingly nice looking forward to staying again!
- We loved that the hotel was right next to the Cathedral but finding it was a problem and having to park offsite and walk was a nuisance in the heavy rain of storm Dennis. However, our room was spacious and warm, and the continental breakfast was really good fresh fruit salad, good hot coffee, croissants, toast and marmalade and jam a great start to our day of sightseeing.
The Victoria Hotel
One of our top picks in Canterbury. In quaint gardens, The Victoria Hotel features traditional home-cooked food and free Wi-Fi. The hotel is a 15-minute walk from Canterbury center, and just under a mile from Canterbury Cathedral.The spacious bedrooms at The Victoria each have a private modern bathroom with free toiletries. All rooms feature a TV and work desk, and tea/coffee facilities are provided.Guests can enjoy fresh traditional roast lunches and classic British cuisine in the restaurant. The bar serves light meals and snacks, and hearty full English breakfasts are available daily.Just a 10-minute walk from Canterbury West Train Station, the Victoria Hotel is half a mile from the Canterbury Tales attraction. Free on-site parking is available, and Dover is a 30-minute drive away.
- Very friendly members of staff, very clean, spacious rooms, good breakfast
- The beautiful set of the restaurant and the rooms, quite clean
- The room was large and was well suited for my family. We were provided with a large, good quality cot as requested. Lovely bathroom. The breakfast was very good, the restaurant area and bar are nice and well equipped and all requests were fulfilled even with the necessary measures to prevent the spread of covid19 in place. Good location with a pleasant walk through Westgate Gardens into town. Plenty of parking on site which is always a huge bonus. Nice staff who were always eager to help.
- Friendly staff. Excellent location to centre 15 min walk.
- The staff were very helpful. I had a minor problem with the in room kettle which was quickly replaced. They had arranged good social distancing in the restaurant and the food was very good. A friend came and had dinner with me and commented how good the carvery was.
Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel
In 2 acres of landscaped gardens, Abbots Barton Hotel has a traditional restaurant and elegant rooms with free Wi-Fi. The hotel is just outside Canterbury center, half a mile from Canterbury Cathedral.The bright, spacious bedrooms are individually decorated, and each has a flat-screen TV. All rooms feature a modern bathroom with free toiletries.Fountain Restaurant serves classic British cuisine in Victorian Gothic surroundings. Guests can enjoy light bar meals and snacks in Westfield Bar, and hearty cooked breakfasts are available daily.The Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel is just a 5-minute walk from St Lawrence Cricket Ground. There is free on-site parking, and Dover Ferry Terminal is just a 20-minute drive away.
- Location of the hotel was excellent, within easy walking distance of Canterbury town centre.
- Excellent location and very helpful staff. Covid protocols applied very effectively. Car Parking was available/easy and food was of a good standard.
- Breakfast was fine, although there wasnt an obvious notice to wait to be seated.The Bed was the best Ive experienced in a hotel. Staff very friendly.TV was a good size.Bath had hydro jets.
- Nice place with friendly staff. Lovely room and the lounge areas are beautiful as well. Within walking distance of historic areas. I recommend highly.
- Ambiance a large Victorian building now outfitted as a hotel. Quiet room, good shower, full breakfast offering.
New Flying Horse Inn
Set in a 17th-century posting house featuring oak beams and gleaming brasses, New Flying Horse Inn features an on-site bar and restaurant, as well as a garden with a children’s playground. It offers stylish accommodations with free WiFi access throughout and on-site public parking free of charge.Rooms at New Flying Horse Inn feature traditional décor in warm tones and come with a TV, a writing desk and views of the property’s garden. They all consist of a modern private bathroom with either a bathtub or a shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries. Some rooms also include a seating area with a sofa.Guests can enjoy an array of menu options on the inn’s restaurant, where breakfast is also served every morning. A range of drinks and snacks is available in the bar throughout the dayBicycle rental services are available at New Flying Horse Inn to explore the surroundings. Leeds Castle is 9.3 mi from the accommodations and the coast at Folkestone is a 25-minute drive away. London’s city center is 40 mi from the property and Brighton is 43 mi away.
- great staff, fantastic breakfast. Food in pub really good
- Very cozy, with delicious meals, despite the stormy weather.
- Very friendly staff, beautiful room. Clean, very comfortable and parking on site.
- The staff were lovely, good location, good menu served in the restaurant.
- A nice stopover here on the way from Shropshire to Dover. Easy check in, nice size clean rooms. Enjoyed the food very much. lovely clean pub.
Located within the Roman city walls of historic Canterbury’s center, this family-run hotel dates back to the 16th century. It offers free WiFi, and a cozy, oak-beamed bar.With a flat-screen TV, each traditional room at The Pilgrims Hotel feature an private bathroom with free toiletries. A tea and coffee tray is also provided.A Continental breakfast will be served to your room.Pilgrims Hotel is located opposite the Marlowe Theater, and the stunning, 11th-century Canterbury Cathedral is just a 5-minute walk away. The shops and restaurants of the city center are just a few minutes’ walk through picturesque medieval streets.
- I only stayed one night, and arrived late. But I had a lovely drink at the bar, and the lady on reception told me sooo much about Canterbury, and where to go and visit.
- The room was immaculate and comfortable although not huge perfect for one person though. Location is perfect, right in the middle of the town and close to the station. Staff very friendly.
- Friendly and helpful staffCosy roomsCentral locationGood breakfast
- Great location, delicious breakfast in a lovely dining room, very helpful staff. Historic building. Pretty walk to the nearby municipal parking lot and easy payment for parking via the hotel all reception needs is your cars license plate number. Wellrun inn pleasant stay.
- The location of the hotel was right in the heart of things. The rooms were nice and clean and the staff friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was good.
Within Canterbury’s historic city walls, ABode Canterbury is just 1,000 feet from Canterbury Cathedral. With an award-winning restaurant and cocktail bar, the hotel offers stylish bedrooms with free Wi-Fi.The elegant rooms at Abode Hotel Canterbury each have a luxury private bathroom with a monsoon shower. Rooms also feature a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Tea and coffee facilities and bespoke luxury toiletries are also provided.The County Restaurant serves an innovative menu, featuring fresh, local produce. There is also a lively cocktail and champagne bar, offering creative drinks and snacks in contemporary surroundings.Located on the pedestrianized High Street, Abode Canterbury is just yards from a selection of quaint shops and cafés. The Canterbury Tales attraction is a 2-minute walk away, and the Dover Docks can be reached in 30 minutes’ drive.
- Very large, modern room. Central location. Excellent breakfast included. Expensive dinner, but worth it!
- Comfy beds, great pillows and a breakfast to die for
- Location and rooms. Staff is a little slow in restaurants.
- The location was great. The room was large and clean. For being on a main pedestrian road it was very quiet at night.
- Front desk staff were attentive and very helpful. Restaurant was well organized with many choices for breakfast.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Petham