Club Wyndham Ballarat
Set on 55 acres of lovely gardens, Club Wyndham Ballarat features a tennis court, an indoor pool and a hot tub. Built in 1878, it offers self-contained accommodations with stunning garden views. Free parking is available on site.Club Wyndham Ballarat is 10 minutes’ drive from Sovereign Hill, Ballarat Railway Station and the famous Gold Museum. Melbourne International Airport is a 90-minute drive away.A full kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator is standard in all apartments. Each apartment has flat-screen satellite TV and a DVD player.Guests can fish in the lake, or work out in the fitness center. The hotel also features a sauna and barbecue area.
- Beautiful place, huge spacious room, lovely pool and just overall a great place to stay with my family who all thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
- I like the large size of the property ground and the lake with the many ducks on it. The opportunity to ride a paddle boat in the lake. The greens , the many willow trees and the roses and other flowers give it a warm and close to nature of feeling . The clean crisp air. The facilities like the giant size chest board , the tennis court , snooker table etc. When you walk around the beautiful ground you feel like you have the property to yourself even though there were other guests. The staff welcomed us with a short tour and history of the property which was great.
- The property is enormous! I highly enjoyed the spacious rooms, the pool, spa and sauna facilities.The building and gardens are beautiful and wonderful to explore.
- Loved all of it…the room was fantastic and the grounds and facilities were amazing. We took our 3 children with us and they loved it too.Highly recommend!
Sovereign Views Apartments
One of our best sellers in Ballarat! Featuring a solar-heated swimming pool, a game room and BBQ facilities, Sovereign Views Apartments is just a 5-minute walk from The Gold Museum. It provides air-conditioned apartments with a flat-screen TV and a DVD player.Sovereign Views Apartments Ballarat are a 5-minute walk from Sovereign Hill, and a 5-minute drive from Ballarat University. Ballarat Train Station is an 8-minute drive away.The modern apartments have a full kitchen with an oven, a microwave and a refrigerator. Each apartment has a private bathroom with a hairdryer and free toiletries.Guests can play a game of pool, ping-pong or foosball in the game room. The property also features a guest laundry and free parking.
- Clean and tidy, kitchenette and lounge area made it good to socialise with friends. Pool area is fantastic for warmer days.
- The location was excellent for visiting Sovereign Hill. The rooms were clean and had a good amount of space.
- Spacious apartment, proximity to Sovereign Hill Nd wonderful staff
- Room was well equipped for a short stay. Shower was excellent everything was very clean.
- Tracy was a warm and helpful first impression of the place. The apartment was compact but felt quite large. My niece and I had a room to ourselves, there was a kitchen with all the cooking essentials if required and a lovely separate lounge for a fun movie night. Felt safe with security doors to front and back. Also loved the fact that there was onsite under cover parking. It was close to Sovereign Hill which was perfect for us
Mercure Ballarat Hotel & Convention Centre
Set on 3 hectares of manicured gardens, alongside an ornamental lake, the 4-star Mercure Ballarat Hotel & Convention Center features an outdoor swimming pool, a bistro, bar and a lounge bar. Guests also have a fitness center and a day spa to enjoy.Mercure Ballarat is located opposite the multi-award winning Sovereign Hill. It is just 5 minutes’ drive from the historic center of Ballarat. Ballarat Golf Course is 13 minutes’ drive away. The property is 75 minutes’ drive from Melbourne city.Guests can enjoy the Azzuri restaurant, or relax with a massage or treatment at the on-site day spa.The lounge bar offers a selection of wine and beer.All rooms are located on the ground floor and offer garden views. Each room has an LCD TV and tea/coffee making facilities. All accommodations includes free onsite parking. Free WiFi is provided.
- Good size 2 Br Apartment. A sprawling facility, stunning to walk around. Close location to Sovereign Hill
- The grounds of the hotel were beautiful. The spa was great but prebooking is a must. The room was large, the bed was comfortable and the air con a god send on the hot day we were there. The complementary body lotion and bath gel smelt nice and were of good quality. The complementary bottles of water is a nice touch. I was impressed with the iron. I highly recommend the strawberry daiquiri at Billys Bar. Check in and out went very smoothly and I liked the 11 am checkout. A big thanks to the chef for making grilled salmon and chips for dinner.
- Quick smooth check in check out.Rooms set in lovely gardens and trees.
- Super comfy bed. Heater was on keeping room warm upon arrival
- A real crowd on the second day of my stay but the staff handled it very well.
Sovereign Hill Hotel
Sovereign Hill Hotel is set in the heart of a historical 25-acre mining site that features a Gold Museum, theater show and gold mining tours. Guests enjoy free Wi-Fi and BBQ facilities.Most rooms include a flat-screen TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Some rooms have a shared bathroom.Sovereign Hill is home to the ‘Blood on the Southern Cross’ open-air theater spectacular. Red Hill Gully Diggings offers gold-panning tours.Sovereign Hill Hotel is located 1.9 mi from Ballarat town center. The Ballarat Wildlife Park and Ballarat Art Gallery are each an 8-minute drive away.
- Good location if visiting the adjacent attraction.
- Sovereign Hill is an amazing place! Sovereign Hill Hotel has a convenient location next to the historic town, the room was clean and had everything you need.
- Hotel was inside the Sovereign Hill Mining Town and great access. Very quiet when we were there Dec 14 to 16, 2019.
- It was very close to Sovereign Hill town and my husband and I could also visit other areas around Ballarat.The staff were marvellous and very friendly. Nothing was an effort. The girls at reception were so very helpful and the lady who looked after the cleaning was super friendly and helpful. Couldnt fault anything. The room we stayed in was very roomy and the bed comfortable.
- Great location for exploring Sovereign Hill. The room was plain but a great size and the bed comfortable. We were dropped at the gate following Aura and escorted inside brilliant! The breakfast was great. At reception, staff member Sally was so helpful on arrival thank you. All in all, a great place to stay I would definitely recommend.
Located in Ballarat, 2.7 mi from Sovereign Hill, and Morshead Park reachable within 1.4 mi, Newington Apartments offers a restaurant, a bar and free WiFi.Accommodations is fitted with air conditioning, a fully equipped kitchen with a dining area, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with shower and a hairdryer.Her Majesty’s Ballarat is 1.7 mi from the aparthotel, while Regent Cinemas Ballarat is 1.9 mi away. The nearest airport is Avalon Airport, 63 mi from Newington Apartments.
- The kids loved the Netflix channel and great location everything was close and not too far to what we needed to do
- Considerably quiet despite it being near a busy road
- The room was spacious and very tidy. Good location as well!
- Great room with well equipped kitchen, very clean, lovely dcor, brilliant rain shower perfect for weary travellers and extremely comfortable beds. Check in and out was very easy. Would loved to have stayed more than one night.
- Beds were very comfortable. Cleanliness of room and bathroom excellent.
Ballarat Premier Apartments
One of our top picks in Ballarat. Originally built in 1901, Ballarat Premier Apartments are in central Ballarat. The property offers accommodations featuring Victorian-era décor and a flat-screen TV.Ballarat Apartments are 10 minutes’ walk from Federation University. It is 6 minutes’ drive to Lake Wendouree. There are several dining options and shops within 5 minutes’ walk.This restored hotel offers self-contained apartments and deluxe rooms. Rooms offer a refrigerator and a sofa. Most accommodations features a kitchen or kitchenette. Some suites also boast a fireplace, a spa bath or a balcony. All Heritage rooms feature a grand chandelier.
- the property was absolutly beautiful. timeless. very grand. I loved it
- The location is excellent. Easy walking distance to most important things.
- Location and facilities excellent. Easy check in / check out.
- Extremely comfortable bed. Great bathroom facilities. Well looked after with great off street parking.
- Very easy self checkin. Beautiful, clean room that had a fire going and music playing upon arrival. Staff was helpful via text before and after visit.
Craig’s Royal Hotel
A 5-minute walk from Ballarat Railway Station, Craig’s Royal Hotel features boutique-style rooms with elegant furnishings. Boasting a rich ambiance of Australian heritage, this hotel offers a restaurant, free valet parking and free Wi-Fi access.The stylish guest rooms are fitted with a personal safe, a work desk and a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Each has a marble bathroom with L’Occitane toiletries.The restaurant serves a continental breakfast daily. Guests can also enjoy lunch and dinner on site. High tea is available from 15:00 every Sunday.Hotel Craig’s Royal is 1.2 mi from Ballarat Tramway Museum and Ballarat Indoor Go Kart Center. Sovereign Hill is 1.4 mi away.
- Friendliest staff around! Courteous, quick to respond and loads of fun. I loved how one of the receptionists told me I had a strong California accent. I told her someone in Melbourne told me she thought I sounded like I was from New York City. Dont insult me! she retorted. I laughed. I grew up in L.A. She nailed it.
- Breads are fluffy, rooms are very clean, staffs are friendly and the location is extremely good
- Very nice 19th century building, beautifully restored. Clean, well maintained. The restaurant is good, in a beautiful setting
- I had the continental breakfast in the lovely Atrium.
- The beds were extremely comfortable and clean. But the favorite feature of the hotel for me was the decor of the hotel in general absolutely brought back to its former glory only better! The wallpaper in particular impressed.
Quality Inn The George Hotel Ballarat
One of our top picks in Ballarat. Established in 1854, Quality Inn The George Hotel Ballarat is located on the historic Lydiard Street North and features a bar and restaurant. It is a 1 minute walk from Her Majesty’s Theater. Guests enjoy free Wi-Fi and free on-site parking.Located in the heart of Ballarat’s central business district, the hotel is just yards from the Art Gallery of Ballarat and a 6-minute drive from Sovereign Hill Historical Park. Cafes, clubs and shopping are all within a 10-minute walk.All accommodations includes a flat-screen TV with free cable channels. Each has a refrigerator, microwave and a work-desk. Some are self-contained and located on the second story, offering access to a balcony.The Heritage Bar and Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, The bar offers a selection of beer, wine and spirits.
- Rooms were great and tidy and location was very central.
- The staff particularly Jodie were outstanding and went out of their way to assist me whenever possible
- As we werent driving it was within walking distance to the train. We ate at the Lane cafe attached to the hotel which was very good and staff were friendly.
- Very quiet in room 8 on 1st floor. I didnt eat at any of the facilities so cant comment. Great central location. Easy parking. Staff very helpful. Good provisions in room good bathroom and small but well set out room.
- The room was very comfortable and clean. Great location, close to shops cafes and restaurants, but nice and quiet at night.
Oscars Hotel and Cafe Bar
One of our best sellers in Ballarat! Oscars Hotel is a unique boutique accommodations boasting art décor, located in the heart of Ballarat. It offers a restaurant, free Wi-Fi throughout and a garden.All guest rooms include air conditioning, a DVD player and a flat-screen TV. The private bathroom comes with free toiletries and a hairdryer, and some rooms have a bath.You can enjoy an extensive breakfast menu at Oscar’s Restaurant with a choice of eggs, sausages, bacon, hash browns and mushrooms on sourdough toast. There is also a wide selection of drinks at the bar, which includes both Australian and imported beers.Ballarat Oscars Hotel is a 10- walk from Ballarat Train Station. Ballarat Fine Art Gallery and Australian Ex-Prisoners of War Memorial are within a 10-minute drive of the property.
- Room was clean, spacious with a spacious bathroom as well, not like some of the little cramped bathrooms some places provide. Staff at dinner couldnt have been more friendly and accommodating. Hand sanitizer was provided for every table and social distancing requirements for tables was adhered to.
- The hotel staff were excellent, the room was great, so nice to stay in a hotel bed not wake up with a sore back! The shower had excellent water temp pressure, room very well layed out comfortable. We ate at the on site restaurant for dinner breakfast, food was great, the cocktail menu excellent the staff were adhering to the covid restrictions with politeness a smiles on their faces
- I think I was the first guest out of lockdown for a while. They forgot to have the hot water system turned on but they soon fixed it. Food service was full menu delivered to the room despite restaurants being closed for social distancing. They handled it all very wel
- Location was great, right in the middle of CBD Ballarat. Lots of great restaurants and cafes within walking distance and a convenient Target store across the street, should you need it. Just a short drive or long hike to the lake which is wonderful and has several great restaurants overlooking the sparkling clear water. The room itself was very nice and tidy and the bathroom was fabulous, nearly the same size as the bedroom!! Very modern bath with jet tub and separate shower. A great place to stay after walking about town all day.
- Great location. Enthusiastic staff if a little inexperienced
Quality Inn Heritage on Lydiard
Nestled on Ballarat’s historic Lydiard Street in the city center, Quality Inn Heritage on Lydiard features a fitness center. All rooms include a 40-inch LCD TV with free cable channels and free Wi-Fi.Quality Inn Heritage on Lydiard is a 2-minute walk from Her Majesty’s Theater Ballarat and 7 minutes’ drive from Sovereign Hill.Facilities include a business center and a sun terrace. Free secure covered car parking is provided.Each room at Quality Inn Heritage on Lydiard Hotel includes an in-room safe, executive desk and ironing facilities. There is also a mini refrigerator, microwave and toaster in every room.
- Bed was very comfy. The gas fire heater was lovely and the combo with the aircon made the room very cosy for our winter stay. Location was top notch.
- Lovely decor and friendly staff and quality room service .
- Beautifully appointed and in an excellent location.
- The room was very comfortable and quiet perfect for a light sleeper
- Loved the room. My some had a spa baths for the very first time, and absolutely loved it.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Napoleons