Between Newtown and Llandrindod Wells, the family-run Lion Hotel in Llanbister offers well-appointed rooms with attached bathroom and a cozy dining room and bar. There is free on-site parking and Wi-Fi at this Powys inn.Each room has a TV or flat-screen TV with a DVD player and Freeview channels. The rooms also include tea and coffee making facilities and all have a bathroom with shower and complimentary toiletries.A full English or vegetarian breakfast is served each morning, with tea, coffee or juice, cereals, cereal bars, fruit, yogurts and toast with jam and marmalade. The pub serves a range of meals, including authentic Indian curries, burgers, steaks and sandwiches.Close to the Elan Valley and Glyndwrs Way, The Lion Hotel is ideal for walkers and bikers. The property offers shelter for bikes and motorbikes. The Lion Hotel is just under 1 hour’s drive from the Brecon Beacons and just over 1 hour from Aberystwyth on the West Wales coast. The English border is a similar distance to the east, with Hereford around 45 miles away.
- Food was lovely great breakfast place was lovely and views
- Breakfast was awesome, as was location, staff and the locals that I met. The owners introduced me to The room was superb. A perfect stay.
- Delicious breakfast using quality local produce. Served promptly. 10/10
- Home cooked food like Mum makes. Room very clean excellent. Choice of tea/coffee/ hot choc/fruit tea plus biscuits in room. Shower gel, soap, shower cap, toothbrush etc provided.Face flannel provided with towels.Bar area and restaurant clean. Lady of the house very approachable
- Great location just off a main road but very quiet with excellent views from room over river valley and hills. Very convivial hostess. Nothing was too much trouble cooked us a veggie evening meal on arrival. Amazing breakfast substantial and spoilt for choice from very wide range available including superb local home made jams we bought some before we went and home produced eggs and tomatoes. Very good Covid measures we felt completely safe.
Mid Wales Inn
Offering a restaurant, Mid Wales Inn is located 5 miles from Rhayader. Free WiFi access is available and the property offers free parking.Rooms at Mid Wales Inn are decorated in a color coordinated style, and all come with a TV. Many of the rooms offer views. Each room has its own private bathroom with complimentary toiletries.At Mid Wales Inn you will find a garden, a bar and award-winning restaurant. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including cycling, hiking and motorcycling.The inn is 8 miles from Elan Valley.
- Lovely location, with pleasant staff. Had everything that was needed at an affordable price. The room was cute and clean and the owner was friendly and very helpful.Thank You
- Friendly management and staff, great food and value for money. Manager had good knowledge of the surrounding area.
- WE HAVE LOVELY STAYING THERE. THANK YOU STAFF FOR HARD WORK!
- Nice traditional ale served in a glass with a handle. Extremely well cooked evening meal. Separate shower and toilet for the blue Room but it was only across the corridor and I think allocated just to the Blue Room it was spotlessly clean and free bathrobes as well. The beds with the comfiest Ive ever slept in. Room was lovely and clean and the breakfast serve by our charming host was possibly the best breakfast Ive ever had in a bed and breakfast, ever. Price for all that including drinks at night was just less than one 100. Absolute bargain!
- Lovely location near Elan Valley. Room and breakfast met expectations. Good WiFi!
The Elephant & Castle Hotel
Located in Newtown, 5 miles from Dolforwyn Castle, The Elephant & Castle Hotel provides accommodations with a restaurant, free private parking, a bar and a garden. Featuring family rooms, this property also provides guests with a terrace. The property has room service and free WiFi throughout the property.Guest rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an electric tea pot, a bath or shower, a hairdryer and a closet. Rooms are complete with a private bathroom equipped with free toiletries, while certain units at the hotel also provide guests with a seating area.A Full English/Irish breakfast is available daily at The Elephant & Castle Hotel.Womaston Castle is a 3-minute walk from the accommodation.
- I did like the location in town and the bathroom. The staff was very nice.
- The bathroom…love a bath! Breakfast was very good too
- Location within the town and the town itself. Good bar helpful staff.
- Nice old inn which has been modernized in a very stylish way, nice food and really helpful staff. Bathroom was clean and spacoius. Great location.
- Absolutely great full Welsh breakfast. Staff perfectly hospitable.
The Bell Hotel
Located in Newtown, 3.9 miles from Dolforwyn Castle, The Bell Hotel provides accommodations with free WiFi and free private parking.Womaston Castle is a 6-minute walk from the hotel.
- Owner very friendly, possibly having better contact phone incase of any issues. The room was immaculate. Thank you.
- The bed was very comfortable and the shower was hot and powerful.
- we arrived on Boxing day late, we had missed a message from hotel, so we did not see any staff but spoke to them on the phone no problem.
- 1 Able to take late booking . Good value2 Room was recently renovated to a reasonable standard compared to outside and other interior areas 3 Had advantage of offstreet parking .4 A really comfy bed.5 Friendly staff
- Helpful and friendly owners and staff. Central location.
Maesmawr Hall Hotel
Maesmawr Hall is located in the beautiful Severn Valley, 5 mi from the market town of Newtown and 1 mi from the village of Caersws.The beautiful period house is privately owned and personally supervised by the resident proprietors. The hall was built in 1535 and is Grade II listed and still retains many original features.Most bedrooms are within the main house and some others are located in the Coach House just across the front lawn.
- Really lovely restful historic hotel and restaurant. Staff are excellent and food really good. Excellent value for money
- Despite the age of the building, the room felt fresh and new.
- A comfortable and spacious room and gardens surrounding the hotel. Quiet and set well back from the road.
- What a great place! The location is great and set well back from the main road so you ocannot hear any noise. Also a huge car park around the back out of site makinging it feel very secure and peace of mind when sleeping. The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was great! Very friendly helpful staff on hand and even with a big wedding taking place in the back function room you would have never known, which was a nice change. Highly recommend staying here!
- Service, comfort and food were great. Travel a lot for work and Ive finally found the hotel for this area to stay in. Great location.
The Hotel Commodore
The Hotel Commodore is set in the heart of Wales, in the spa town of Llandrindod Wells. This Victorian hotel offers free WiFi in public areas, free parking, a restaurant, the Bishops Bar and a spa.This grand, historic Victorian building has been a hotel since 1886 and is within easy reach of all that Llandrindod Wells has to offer, including the spa waters, the beautiful lake and the rows of shops. A former rectory building, this Grade I listed building features Arts and Crafts design. It offers beautiful views of the surrounding valley and hills.Each of the Hotel Commodore’s rooms with attached bathroom is individually decorated, with a traditional style. Spacious and comfortable, all of the rooms have TVs, telephones and tea/coffee. Hairdryers are in every room and ironing facilities are available on all halls. The rear garden is secure for dog and children with a large decked area.A traditional cooked Welsh breakfast is available every day.The De Winton Restaurant offers good-value food and the menus change regularly to reflect the best seasonal produce available locally.In 2017 The Hotel Commodore were proud winners of Channel 4’s Four in a Bed voted best B&B in the competition.
- Hotels was modern staff were friendly and could not so enough for you
- The room was traditional with many little quirks of style. The bed was very comfortable, there was plenty of hot water, and everything was clean and well presented. The staff were very friendly, and we particularly liked the lounge area with the cosy real fire…a nice touch. I understand from the owners that there will be some refurbishment in increments in the near future so that should turn a very charming hotel into an even better place to stay.
- Hotel owners and staff were very friendly. Breakfast was delicious, our room was very nice, internet was fast, and the location was very convenient.
- We enjoyed our 2nd visit to the commodore. The breakfasts were excellently cooked vegetarians catered for and presented with a smiling face and great welcome. We had a room upgrade which made our stay more enjoyable. Will be booking again.
- It was all lovely .. central location.. great parking for the bikes…super staff very friendly and chatty…the room was perfect …
One of our top picks in Rhayader. With a picturesque village location in Rhayader, Elan Hotel is surrounded by scenic Powys countryside. The traditional inn features a restaurant and cozy bar with free Wi-Fi.The bright and airy bedrooms each have a private modern bathroom and a flat-screen TV. Tea/coffee facilities are provided, and board games are also available.The spacious restaurant serves classic British cuisine, and the bar offers a range of beverages and snacks. Guests can also enjoy drinks in the garden or lounge.Just off the A470 road, the Elan Hotel is less than an hour’s drive from Aberystwyth and the beaches of Cardigan Bay. Free parking is available, and Llandrindod Wells is a 15-minute drive away.
- We stayed at Elan on a cycle trip across Wales. It is a great little hotel and pub in the centre of Rhayader town. Staff were terrific, they stored our bikes safely in a shed and were very helpful. Food was good and accommodation was comfortable.
- Really good breakfast ,lovely room,clean and modern but a little small. nice and quiet ,parking available and bar food which was good and reasonably priced
- Small hotel in a good location for visiting the Elan Valley and midWales. Excellent breakfast and good choice for evening meal. Staff very helpful. Room was well decorated.
- Basic, but value for money and excellent location very helpful staff, and great breakfast.
- Friendly staff. Very helpful during the pandemic. Followed and explained the requirements for Covid19. In room facilities excellent.
Metropole Hotel and Spa
Wonderful surrounding countryside complements the splendor of this Victorian-style, family-owned holiday and conference hotel in the center of the spa town of Llandrindod Wells.The 120 rooms with private bathrooms are equipped to a very high standard. There is also a superb indoor spa and state-of-the-art gym facilities, complemented by an award-winning restaurant.
- Lovely room, with a seperate lounge in the Turret.
- Really good large, comfortable and familyrun hotel, with a lovely pool and jaccuzzi, and very good food. Thoroughly to be recommended.
- The dinner in the Brasserie, the breakfast in the morning, the comfort of the room, the classic feel of the hotel. My wife liked bringing the pets, though I barely slep because of an over anxious dog! Not the hotels fault obviously.
- An excellent hotel, very clean, staff friendly and food was excellent too.Good location.
- Breakfast good, and hotel well organised to cope with it.
Centrally located in the historic town of Llandrindod Wells, the Hampton Hotel features free Wi-Fi in public areas and free onsite parking. The Royal Welsh Agricultural Society and Showground is 10 minutes’ drive away.The rooms offer a TV and tea and coffee making facilities. The rooms also benefit from an private bathroom. Hairdryers and ironing supplies are available upon request.In the mornings, the Hampton Hotel serves a substantial fully cooked breakfast. The onsite Chinese restaurant can seat up to 70 guests and offers an all-you-can-eat buffet. The center of Llandrindod Wells is home to several cafes and restaurants.The Hampton Hotel is just 1 miles from Llandrindod Wells Golf Club and the local bowling club is only a 5-minute stroll from the property. The town is just 1 hour from the Brecon Beacons National Park. The motorcycle-friendly hotel has a free secure lock-up for bikes. Dogs are also welcome at the Hampton Hotel, but only one dog allowed per room.
- This is a bikers hotel it does what it says on the tin. Excellent bike lock up maybe 20 bikes? with lots of space to hang wet leathers if required as well, good bar and decent beer used by locals, excellent breakfast, decent Chinese restaurant very unexpected, hot power shower, and helpful and friendly staff. What more could you want and excellent value for money. It even had 2 zip ties on the shower head to hold it in place we all know that 1 zip tie is never enough!!
- Room was nice, clean as access was fine. Breakfast lovely and plentiful
- There had been a mix up with my booking. They couldnt have more accommodating. As there was a problem they gave me a room at an amazing rate. Food is brilliant and the room was very clean
- This is a comfortable, clean and friendly hotel . It is basic but great value for money.
- This hotel offers exceptional value for money, friendly staff. Clean and the best shower pressure in three weeks of travelling. The Chinese buffet below also offered a nice change from my traditional diet at a very affordable price
This property is located in Llandrindod Wells.Free WiFi is available and free private parking is available on site.The property features a bar which serves food and a garden.You can play pool at the hotel and there are two beer gardens.
- The property had just reopened after lockdown so werent sure what to expect but the inn was well organised with one way systems etc. All food is currently served in the garden which was OK, until it rained. This wasnt the propertys fault however the quality of the food made even this bearable. The inn is old so creaky floorboards are fitted in all rooms but this is part of the character of an old building.
- Very comfortable bed, good dinner and good breakfast. Easy to find and good car parking.
- Great accommodation, bar and restaurant on site. Private parking.Stayed with a group of friends and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.Close to all amenities.
- good welcome plenty of car parking available lovely evening meal and good breakfast excellent location
- All the staff were friendly and helpful, lovely querky building, spotless place
Looking for: Best Hotels in Llanbadarn-fynydd