Loch Long Hotel
Set in Arrochar, Loch Long Hotel is located at the head of Loch Long. It features an on-site bar and restaurant. This 3-star hotel offers luggage storage space and free WiFiAll rooms feature private bathrooms with complimentary toiletries. Guests will find tea/coffee making facilities and flat-screen TVs in all rooms. Some rooms feature views of Loch Long or the neighboring mountains.The hotel offers a continental or Full English/Irish breakfast.Glasgow is 30 mi from Loch Long Hotel, while Paisley is 27 mi from the property. Glasgow Airport is 26 mi away.
- Location was great. The staff are very nice. They work very hard to take care of us
- Breakfast was good, evening meal was very good. Restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful. Its location and views were perfect.
- The location was gorgeous. The bed was very comfortable. The staff were lovely, especially the young man who helped me carry my bag to my room.
- The room was spacious, with lovely views of the loch.
- The hotel was in a perfect location by the loch. Right around the water from car park from hiking trails. Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean. Quiet area. Restaurant in hotel. Close walk to coffee shop or other food locations. Theres a trail that starta near hotel to Tarbet. Bus stop is right down the road. Great stay.
Oak Tree Inn
On the east shore of Loch Lomond, this award-winning family-run country inn is constructed from locally quarried slate and offers a perfect tranquil location for a romantic or relaxing break.Standing in the shade of a magnificent 500-year-old oak tree, this traditional bar/restaurant is ideal for those who would like to escape from the rush of modern day life. The non-smoking inn is adjacent to the West Highland Way and is ideal for walkers. After a long day spent exploring the region’s magnificent scenery and breathing in the invigorating fresh air, guests can satisfy hard-earned hunger with a delicious meal. Food is served all day and the bar has a cozy, welcoming atmosphere and a real log fire.A full cooked buffet breakfast is served at the Inn and there is free on-site parking.All of the traditional bedrooms are individually decorated and have a private bathroom. Some rooms are in nearby cozy cottages.Relax and enjoy the natural tranquility and stunning scenery of one of the most beautiful and romantic places in Scotland.
- Cant fault the place, food good , location excellent , staff great
- Good size room. Great breakfast included. Nice views of the area.
- Clean and stylish room. Good bed. Great location right next to the loch.
- Breakfast was superb. Loads of options. Really friendly staff. Excellent location on the loch.
- Modern well maintained rooms and every meal we had was excellent.
Located within the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, MHOR 84 offers free WiFi and free on-site parking.Each room at MHOR comes with a flat-screen TV, private bathroom and tea/coffee making facilities. Many also offer mountain views.At MHOR 84 you will find a lively bar, café and restaurant with a large sunny terrace and roaring log fires. Other facilities offered at the property include meeting facilities, a games room and luggage storage.An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including cycling, fishing and hiking. The property is located on National Cycle Route 7.
- Fantastic staff with real local vibe. Great bar and interior decor and cracking food too!
- Mhor is everything I want in a place to stay. I travelled with my 2 young boys and they loved it too. The style and choice of interiors is perfection, the family room is a real asset when travelling with kids. The bar and restaurant has a very chilled welcoming vibe….
- Terrific food! We arrived just as the kitchen was closing but they arranged to have it ready upon our arrival. After a day of traveling we couldnt have asked for more!
- Amazing food, welcoming staff, great facilities. Wonderful place!
- The lodge was amazing! We came for sight seeing and walks but we didnt want to leave the room.The whole place is beautiful and the food was great. Would certainly want to go there again.
One of our top picks in Rowardennan. On the banks of Loch Lomond in the magnificent Queen Elizabeth Forest, this hotel has spectacular views of Ben Lomond, the loch and mountains to the north.Rowardennan Hotel is accessible, yet remote. It is an hour from Glasgow, but located at the foot of Ben Lomond (3,196 feet high) and encircled by woodland.The hotel’s Clansman bar serves hearty meals. On a warm day enjoy the scenic views of the loch and the mountains to the north from the beer garden and on a cold day heat yourself by the roaring log fire. The Rowardennan Hotel dates back to 1696 and has a contemporary Scottish style. Many of the cozy rooms have stunning views.
- Friendly and helpful staff. Great location on the Loch and with beautiful places to walk surrounding it. The room was for three and was lovely and spacious. The food was delicious. We enjoyed dinner and breakfast at the hotel. Parking was not a problem despite the car park being very busy. Staff made sure I found a safe space behind the hotel. We will definitely be back!
- The room was very spacious and beautiful, we had a view to the lake from our window. We even had a fireplace which made the room extremely cozy. The location of the hotel is perfect especially if you plan doing the Ben Lomond hike the trail starts right next to the hotel.
- Well off the beaten track. Great scenery. Directly on the loch. Pub a little rough but good hearty food the sort youd want after a long walk or trek
- Super convenient for walkers of the West Highland Way. Good pub food, good breakfast.
- Great stop on the West Highland Way, room was clean, easy checkin.
Nestled on the shores of magnificent Loch Lomond, just off the A82 road between Crianlarich and Glasgow, Ardlui Hotel offers en-suite accommodations, free Wi-Fi, a restaurant and a bar. The property is just 4 minutes’ walk from Ardlui Rail Station and Pier.All rooms at Ardlui Hotel feature an private bathroom, with a shower or a bath, a flat-screen TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Some rooms offer stunning views to Loch Lomond.The restaurant serves country house-style dishes, prepared with locally sourced ingredients. The cozy bar features a wood burning stove, a pool table, a jukebox and Sky Sports channels. Guests can also enjoy an extensive whiskey menu.The area is well known for its wildlife, beautiful walking paths, great boating and glorious scenery. Nearby attractions include Balloch Castle and Loch Lomond Shores retail complex, both located 25 miles away.
- Loved my room , it was very cozy . I did not have a good view but I saw the view from a nearby double room and it looked amazing. the room was spotlessly clean and bed was comfy . ! The staff were nice and friendly and the grounds were lovely with a path going through the garden to the lake . Although I did not bring my dog I noted how pet friendly it was. Lots of lovely well behaved dogs were in the bar with water and treats provided for them. They definitely added to the pleasant atmosphere .
- Great location for staying overnight before hit Highlands. Very nice and peaceful surroundings. The staffs were friendly, and breakfast was ok.
- The staff was great, food at the restaurant was excellent. The decor was dated, but it was clean and comfortable. The location was fun we had to call a ferry to pick us up across the Loch.
- The dinners were fabulous. Breakfast is included whether continental or cooked.Top floor rooms are adorable and cozy as can be.
- Lovely, if a little weatherworn, hotel at the top of beautiful Loch Lomond. Service was as stellar as the views.
Monachyle Mhor Hotel
This luxury boutique hotel is nestled on the banks of Loch Voil in the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. It has individually-styled rooms and serves food prepared with produce from the estate.In a former farmhouse and courtyard buildings, all rooms include a luxury bathroom and LCD TV. Many rooms offer Loch or mountain views and all use slate, wood and local stone in their décor.The Monachyle Mhor Hotel’s award-winning restaurant provides a varied, seasonal menu including pork from the Lewis family’s farm. A hand-picked wine list provides bottles matched to the dishes.Guests at the 18th-century Monachyle Mhor are surrounded by a landscape which is perfect for walking. The family’s award-winning fish restaurant is a 30-minute drive away in Callander.
- The room was outstanding with very nice bathroom. The food in the restaurant is gourmet quality. The staff is very attentive to your every need. We loved it and would go back again.
- The room was spectacular, the only detraction from a wonderful stay being the herd of rhinos in the room above … where someone or something for a while I entertained ghost theories paced ceaselessly for nearly 2 hours before it stopped around midnight. I considered calling management but decided that would be churlish, so I waited it out. I thoroughly spoiled the sumptuous room I had been given. This was NOT Monachyles doing, but very, very inconsiderate on the part of the rooms occupants
- The staff here are probably the nicest Ive ever experienced. The food was fabulous and the rooms quaint and comfy. All with a very relaxed atmosphere.
- The staff were amazing. We experienced the most amazing selection of high quality meals all delicious we forgot that wine was not available during Covid as water was plentiful and food outstanding !staff coped brilliantly with the challenges they face currently .
- Loved it although we could only stay one night, we had picked a more expensive room which was the last on the site. Wed be happy to stay at a regular room next time. The special rooms are perfect for couple getaways of a few days. We didnt get enough time to orientate ourselves before we had to leave! Our fault completely. Take my advise and go for a lovely long weekend or mid week break and make the most of it. Its a place that deserves to be savoured.
Arrochar Hotel ‘A Bespoke Hotel’
One of our top picks in Arrochar. On the banks of Loch Long, The Arrochar Hotel features loch views and free parking and free WiFi. Located at the foot of the Arrochar Alps, it also has a traditional Scottish restaurant.Set in a former coaching inn, The Arrochar features spacious rooms with modern private bathrooms. All rooms offer tea and coffee making facilities, flat-screen TVs, and many have wonderful mountain views.The restaurant serves a traditional menu, featuring local specialties from the Scottish Highlands. The cozy bar area offers a wide selection of fine malt whiskeys.Just a mile from Arrochar and Tarbet Railway Station, Arrochar Hotel is only 2 miles from Loch Lomond. Glasgow center can be reached in under an hour, and Argyll Forest Park is a 5-minute drive away.
- View, View, View! It had an amazing view of the lake and mountains. The location is very good.
- Outstanding location at the head of Loch Long. We had a free upgrade to a Loch view room which was amazing. Breakfast nice although choice was a bit limited. Very friendly helpful staff. Covid 19 measures excellent, felt safe at all times in the hotel. All round a good experience I would definitely stay again here.
- Good size and comfortable room , great meal at dinner in the restaurant and good breakfast, room with a fantastic view.
- Location very good for a base to tour the local area by motorcycle
- Love this place so homely and a great welcome always
BEST WESTERN The Crianlarich Hotel
Best Western Crianlarich Hotel is about an hour from Glasgow Airport and in the middle of magnificent Highland scenery. Its fine-dining restaurant has an AA Rosette and opens 7 nights a week.The 3-star Crianlarich is halfway between Glasgow and Fort William, and Perth and Oban.It is a comfortable, well-furnished base for touring, sports or business travelers, and has enthusiastic and caring staff.Sensibly priced, seriously good food is also served in the informal restaurant and bar, and is based on fine locally-sourced ingredients.
- The Breakfasts were good, what you would expect. The location was fine for us as we were there for one night. Would suit walkers, but saying that you can jump on a train to go to Oban and Fort William, if you just want to relax. The staff were excellent, couldnt fault them.Evening meals are available. Would recommend staying here.
- Good choice for breakfast. Scrambled eggs a little dry. Generous portion of smoked salmon. Staff very friendly.
- Location, facilities, food and staff all excellent
- Really lovely pub in a beautiful location. The staff at both check in and in the restaurants and bar were very friendly and helpful. Great central location for some glorious walks.
- Lovely staff. Nice lounge and library to have a drink in. Great scenery. Clean room. Great value!
Located on the banks of Loch Long with breathtaking views of the Arrochar Alps, the Village Inn offers rooms with attached bathroom and free WiFi in all areas.The building’s character is complemented by individual room features including a TV, tea/coffee facilities and a private bathroom. Some rooms overlook the loch.Seasonal, locally sourced produce, including seafood, is served in the restaurant. Refreshing drinks and afternoon tea are served in the bar, which has 2 log fires. Guests can also relax in the beer garden, which overlooks Loch Long.There are many walks and trails stopping off in local villages. Arrochar and Tarbet Rail Station is under 5 minutes’ drive from the Inn. The Village Inn is open all year round including Christmas, when guests can enjoy the scenery while sitting beside the log fire.
- The hotel was very clean, tidy and comfortable. The location was perfect for our stopover
- Wonderful experience. We were there during low season and got a complementary upgrade, a beautiful room overlooking the loch. Staff was extremely helpful, I believe it was the owner who advised us on where to go and what to see. Also, terrific food and pub in the first floor.
- Accommodation was comfortable and the bed comfortable. Nice views of Loch Long.
- Peaceful situation with wonderful views from bedroom across the loch
- Location/views truly stunning. Very nice big room No. 2, with beautiful view over the loch. Very comfortable bed.Fabulous friendly enthusiastic staff provide good service.Some great real ales Fyne Ales.
The Inn on Loch Lomond
On the banks of Loch Lomond, this modern inn includes rooms within the main hotel building and contemporary individually designed rooms in the Beach House. Guests can enjoy Mr C’s Fish and Whisky Bar, along with beautiful loch views. There is limited access to Wi-Fi throughout the main hotel building.With hand-crafted furniture, each stylish room at The Inn on Loch Lomond is decorated with local materials. The rooms all also have a modern, private bathroom.Fresh, local fish is served to eat in or take away in Mr C’s Fish and Whisky Bar, along with an extensive range of seafood specialties. The bar also provides a huge range of excellent Scottish whiskeys.There is traditional folk music available throughout the summer, and guests can relax in the lounge bar area, with its big-screen entertainment.The shores of Loch Lomond are less than a 5-minute walk away, and The Inn on Loch Lomond can help with arranging watersports or activities nearby. Free parking is available, and Luss is a 5-minute drive away.
- Breakfast was lovely both mornings and staff were great.
- The potato scones were too hard. The rest of the breakfast was fine. The staff were very helpful.
- Staff were very understanding when we arrived with our dog
- Location just north of the very pretty but also very touristbusy village of Luss means you are aware from the crowds but close to places of interest eg the hub at Balloch for many activities on Loch Lomond and the kayaking and lake cruises at Luss. A great place to stay overnight as we did before heading off to Oban and the coast or further up to Ben Nevis and the Highlands. A82 is unavoidably busy but the beautifully smart Inn On Loch Lomond is set back from the road and has roomy lounging areas postdinner as well as a choice of indoor or outdoor covered seating. Fabulous decor throughout the hotel and very comfy, wellappointed room.
- Location. Hardwood floors in beach house. Breakfast. Staff is nice.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Glengyle