Burgh Island Hotel
One of our top picks in Bigbury on Sea. Burgh Island Hotel in Bigbury on Sea provides adults only accommodations with a garden, a bar and a tennis court. Among the facilities of this property are a restaurant, room service and a shared lounge, along with free WiFi. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool, sauna and a concierge service.The hotel provides certain rooms that include a balcony and sea view, and each room has a private bathroom and a closet.Continental and à la carte breakfast options are available daily at Burgh Island Hotel.The accommodation has a terrace. You can play pool and ping pong at Burgh Island Hotel.Torquay is 28 miles from the hotel, while Plymouth is 19 miles away. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 45 miles from Burgh Island Hotel.
- Loved everything about the hotel and cant wait to return!
- Stunning location! Loved the Art Deco vibe. Staff are really friendly. Enjoyed dressing up for the ballroom dinner.
- The location is of course fantastic. The atmosphere is impressive.
- Loved it from start to finish , cant wait to visit again .
- The whole ambience, love the art decor vibe. Dinner in the ballroom very special. Most of the staff are great
One of our top picks in Thurlestone. Located in Thurlestone, 1.7 miles from Hope-Cove Beach, Thurlestone Hotel provides accommodations with a restaurant, free private parking, a seasonal outdoor swimming pool and a fitness center. Among the facilities at this property are a 24-hour front desk and room service, along with free WiFi throughout the property. The hotel has a garden and has a playground.Guest rooms are equipped with a TV with satellite channels, an electric tea pot, a shower, a hairdryer and a desk. All rooms include a closet.The hotel offers a continental or buffet breakfast.Guests can enjoy the spa and wellness center, take a dip into the indoor pool, or have a game of ping pong. You can play squash, minigolf and tennis at Thurlestone Hotel, and the area is popular for snorkeling.The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 47 miles from the accommodation.
- The breakfast was very good and fortified us for the day! We liked the fact that we were put on different tables with different view. The restaurant was attractively decorated with 2 levels and was separated enough for good conversation with enough background buzz.
- If you want to stay somewhere that from the moment you enter to the moment you leave embodies that sense of gentle nostalgia, back to a time where propriety, etiquette and traditional values were present and sufficiently nuanced to not appear stuffy or pompous, then youve found it here.A place of care and attention to detail that lets your relax into the beautiful and sumptuous surroundings both in and out of the hotel the instant you arrive. The staff here are both incredibly attentive yet unobtrusive and are the glue that binds this beautiful hotel together, knowledgable and totally charming.The food and spa itself were amazing and I couldnt fault a single thing.After an incredibly busy couple of months working away from home I couldnt think of a better place my wife and I could come back to reconnect and wind down with such ease I cant recommend this hotel and its amazing staff highly enough.
- Great location, very relaxing, staff very friendly and helpful, breakfast was excellent
- Friendly staff, good supply of sundries in the room, especially fresh milk in the fridge. Great facilities and excellent restaurant for evening meal and breakfast.
- Location and room excellent. Great view of sea from room!
Hope & Anchor
One of our top picks in Hope Cove. In Hope Cove fishing village, the Hope and Anchor Inn features excellent sea views and fresh seafood. It has a bar and restaurant, and is opposite the beach.Rooms at the Hope and Anchor Inn all have sea views and some have stunning views over Bigbury Bay. All rooms have a TV, hairdryer and a bathroom with a shower.The restaurant features fresh, Devonshire produce and serves pub favorites and fish dishes. The bar serves real ales and a selection of wines and spirits. The terrace overlooks the beach.The Hope and Anchor lies within the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Clifftop walks and some watersports are available in the village.Salcombe, with its popular harbor, sailing school and Overbeck’s House, is a 15-minute drive away. Dartmoor National Park, Dartmouth and Saltram House are all within 30 minutes’ drive.
- Fantastic location right on Hope Cove, easy access for cliffside walksWe stopped here on a drive down to Lands End, would stay again Tom the proprietor helpfully gave great tips on what to see in Cornwall
- Everything. The staff ere particularly helpful. Location was perfect.
- A great place to stay, was made exceptional by the friendly attitude of the staff.
- Excellent views from the room. Good evening meal and bar. Live music
- Brilliant. Great location. Great room. Great food. Very dog friendly.
One of our top picks in Hope Cove. Overlooking the beautiful Hope Cove, the family-run Sand Pebbles offers a bar, free Wi-Fi throughout, and free onsite parking. Located in Hope Cove, this modern hotel is just 650 feet from sandy beaches.The rooms include a flat-screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities. With a hairdryer, the en-suite bath or shower rooms have complimentary toiletries. Some rooms boast a sea or garden view.Guests at Sand Pebbles can enjoy drinks in the bar. In the mornings, traditional cooked breakfast is available. Dishes are served alongside a selection of cereals and fruit. Lighter options are also available.Ideally located for exploring the Devonshire Coast, the family-friendly and dog-friendly hotel is 3 miles from Burgh Island. Hope Cove is a popular area for watersports activities. The village offers various pubs and restaurants. Kingsbridge is just 14 minutes’ drive away.
- The staff were very accommodating for an early start
- typical full english breakfast. Had creamed tea when we first arrived lovely
- Convinient to Hope CoveFree parkingDog friendly
- Value for money, onsite food, the room was great with the views.Pub and beach were two mins down the road.Walking paths close by for some exploring.Would definitely return
- Great stay in a friendly, family run establishment in a beautiful little cove on the south Devon coast.
The Cricket Inn
One of our top picks in Beesands. Offering a 1 AA Rosette restaurant, The Cricket Inn is located in Beesands near Kingsbridge. Free WiFi access is available and free public parking is possible on site.Each room with attached bathroom here will provide you with a TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Featuring a shower, private bathroom also comes with a hairdryer and free toiletries.At The Cricket Inn you will find a terrace overlooking the beach, and a full bar serving food all day during the high season.The Inn is 12 miles form Dartmouth, 47 miles from Exeter International Airport, and 17 miles from Totnes Rail Station.
- Excellent location, fantastic friendly accommodation, offering fresh local produce food.Cannot fault it!
- The Inn was excellent in every regard except the service for dinner was very slow
- Fantastic location, great food , lovely friendly staff
- Good restaurant. Nice ocean view, comfortable bed.
- Amazing room and such a lovely stay. The bed was incredible! The food was lovely and the staff booked me into the restaurant before I arrived which was very thoughtful. It was so nice to see the sun rise in the morning from the window over the sea.
One of our top picks in Plymouth. Located half a mile from Plymouth Hoe, The Imperial Plymouth is a stylish guest house offering modern rooms and apartments. The ferry terminal with regular trips to France and Spain is only 20 minutes’ walk away.Free WiFi, a bathroom, and a TV with DVD player feature in the modern accommodations. Family rooms and cozy apartments are also available.Breakfast is served daily and it is cooked to order. Guests can choose from healthy options, a succulent Full English Breakfast, or vegetarian choices. The guest house has a fully licensed bar with a cozy lounge, comfortable sofas and armchairs. A variety of restaurants can be found within 5 minutes’ walk from the guest house.Conveniently located 10 minutes’ walk from Plymouth center, The Imperial offers free parking for up to 14 cars on a first come first serve basis, and easy access to Theater Royal, 900 feet away. The Drake Circus shopping center is 12 minutes’ walk away and the famous Barbican district is 5 minutes’ walk from the property.
- Lovely room, hotel breakfast in perfect spot to walk to all the main sites of Plymouth.
- The hotel is very well situated in the city . The staff are very friendly and helpful . My room was impeccably clean and the food is delicious .I will not hesitate to stay at the Imperial again .
- A lovely BB, not a hotel as sometimes advertised. Great location, The Hoe is a beautiful location, keep near the Hoe, the town is a disappointment.
- The staff were very helpful and friendly nothing was too much trouble. A good selection for breakfast and you didnt have to wait to be served. The location was ideal. Right next to the coast but also quiet and peaceful.
- Breakfast was cooked fresh and delicious. We were offered more coffee, toast etc. Staff were friendly and accommodating.Good selection
Stoke Lodge Hotel
Stoke Lodge Hotel features a restaurant, seasonal outdoor swimming pool, a bar and shared lounge in Stoke Fleming. Among the various facilities of this property are a garden, a tennis court and a terrace. The property has an indoor pool, free WiFi and room service.A continental breakfast is available every morning at the hotel.Stoke Lodge Hotel offers a sauna. You can play ping pong, darts, and minigolf at the accommodation.Torquay is 13 miles from Stoke Lodge Hotel, while Dartmouth is 2.7 miles away. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 38 miles from the hotel.
- The breakfast was excellent and you could have pretty much whatever you wanted. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming and added a lot of charm to the place. Great that the pool was open too with a booking service so that we could have it to ourselves.
- Restaurant was excellent, both service and quality
- The Hotel was popular and had plenty of custom during our four days there. They dealt well with the COVID problems and had all the necessary arrangements in hand. As our family were in the area we did not use the dining facilities other than for breakfast. There are two swimming pools, that were also well organised under the current situation.
- Quality of food in restaurant really great compared to what Id expected and a lovely terrace for drinks/eating. Staff really friendly. Great location provided you have a car.
- Breakfast was excellent, well organised and fast service. Double bed was large and very comfortable both slept well as the hotel set back well off the road.
The Dolphin Inn
Located in Kingsbridge, 19 mi from Slapton Sands, The Dolphin Inn has a number of amenities including a restaurant, a bar and a garden.Guest rooms in the inn are equipped with a kettle.Guests at The Dolphin Inn can enjoy a Full English/Irish breakfast.Guests at the accommodations will be able to enjoy activities in and around Kingsbridge, like hiking and cycling.The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 43 mi from The Dolphin Inn.
- Breakfast was good and quick to arrive. Very tasty food that was on offer. Staff friendly. Location was good. Room had everything that we needed.
- The breakfast had a limited choice. But the full English was very big, and well cooked great ingredients. coffee and tea good. Quality of the toast poor.Lovely Devon village with lots of charm and close to some lovely walks to beaches.
- Friendly landlordPub interiorCleanlinessToiletries Good alesLovely breakfastGood value
- Excellent location in pretty village with great access to SW Coast Path. Comfy, clean, well appointed room, very friendly, helpful staff, good breakfast, and characterful, historic pub.
- The pub was a fabulous wee place, staff were lovely and the room had great character. Would highly recommend.
The Old Vicarage
The Old Vicarage is offering accommodations in Kingsbridge. The property is located 8 miles from Slapton Sands.Exeter International Airport is 38 miles away.
No reviews yet.
The White Hart Hotel
Featuring a restaurant, The White Hart Hotel is set in Ivybridge and also provides a bar and a garden.The private bathroom is equipped with a bath or shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries. All guest rooms will provide guests with a closet and an electric tea pot.Guests at the hotel can enjoy a Full English/Irish breakfast.Torquay is 22 miles from The White Hart Hotel, while Plymouth is 12 miles away. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 39 miles from the accommodation.
- Staff, especially John Debbie, couldnt do enough to make us feel welcome.Food was delicious.Great location.They let me park my motorbike undercover in their yard
- Ate in the restaurant and the food was great. All the staff were excellent and very friendly and the owner made an effort to come and have a chat with everyone. Very comfortable bed.
- Chef owner was excellent and the food was absolutely superb
- The staff and owner were very friendly made us very welcome would use again if going to that area very welcoming for dogs and dog minded people
- Staff were so friendly and helpful. A lovely place to stay. Lots to do locally and food is beautiful, especially breakfast!
Looking for: Best Hotels in Bigbury on Sea