Gwesty’r Emlyn Hotel
A former coaching inn, this award-winning property is set in the heart of the market town of Newcastle Emlyn, just a few minutes’ drive from beautiful countryside. There is a restaurant, gym, sauna and spa pool.Gwesty’r Emlyn Hotel’s contemporary rooms retain traditional features in this 300-year-old building, and include flat-screen satellite TV and tea/coffee facilities. The private bathroom in each room has a hairdryer.The hotel also offers 4 executive suites, located in a country house on the outskirts of town. These can be booked together to allow guests full use of the entire house, which has self-catering facilities.Newcastle Emlyn is in the Teify Valley, West Wales, which is very popular for salmon and sewin (migratory trout) fishing. Guests are just 15 minutes’ drive from the coast, traveling through the hills, valleys and rivers of the region.The award-winning Gwesty’r Emlyn serves continental breakfast options, or cooked Welsh breakfast dishes. Pubs, cafés and restaurants can be found within a 20-minute walk, while Carmarthen is 30 minutes’ drive away.
- Location right in the centre of a lovely little town. We were in one of the rooms just down the side of the main hotel kind of like a cellar room. It was lovely with a nice big bed and new bathroom with a great shower. Parking was free and secure behind hotel. Girl on reception was lovely really helpful and recommend a great place for a drink. Breakfast was also very tasty ordered the evening before and served at a time you pick. Waffles were amazing! Covid measures in place seemed to work very well would definitely stay here again
- Really friendly and helpful staff. Meals were excellent. Also great kids meals and they were good with the grandchildren.
- We had a slight mix up with rooms on arrival but the lady on reception resolved it immediately without any issues.The suite we stayed in was great and I loved that it was just outside the hotel so felt like a little private cottage. Breakfast was really nice and the staff were happy to accommodate any special requests. Wish we had longer to stay and look around but the hotel was right by the castle ruins, a few shops and a lovely pub.If we are in the area again I would happily book again.
- Breakfast was lovely, a bit too well done to our liking but thats just us being fussy. The bath in our room was amazing we loved it! We stayed in the suit.
- Very Covid friendly. Staff very pleasant and helpful.
Afon Duad Inn and Dolau Cottage
Located in Cwm-Duad, Afon Duad Inn has a garden, bar, shared lounge, and free WiFi. Featuring luggage storage space, this property also welcomes guests with a restaurant and a grill.The rooms come with an electric tea pot and a private bathroom with a shower and a hairdryer, while some rooms also feature a kitchen equipped with a microwave. At the inn the rooms are equipped with a closet and a flat-screen TV.à la carte and Full English/Irish breakfast options are available every morning at Afon Duad Inn.You can play darts at the accommodation.Carmarthen is 10 miles from Afon Duad Inn, while Llanelli is 26 miles from the property.
- Sean and Sandra were the perfect hosts.Comfortable clean accommodation.Well priced and delicious food.
- Very friendly hosts, very clean room, more interesting building
- The room was spotless, first impressions, its a room above an old pub which it was, once you saw through that it was great, it was a little noisy as we were at the front of the hotel next to the main road, we ordered some pate and meat platter from the room service which was excellent! I also discovered a new wine I liked which was a bonus, in the morning we had a full welsh breakfast outstanding food, highly recommend!
- Booked accommodation here as its close to my dad whom I was visiting for a few daysAccommodation is really lovely, the rooms have been refurbished during lock down and they look greatLandlord and lady are really lovely, spent an evening with them and sobs locals all very welcomingHad dinner here very nice home made foodBreakfast was lovely, very filling Recommend this place and I will be back
- This hotel/Inn was ideal for us. The hosts were pleasent and helpful, the rooms were spotlessly clean and the food was 1st class, all in all there was nothing we could fault, we would stay there anytime we are in the area.
The Nags Head Inn
Located in Abercych, The Nags Head Inn has a garden with a children’s playground, and features a restaurant and a bar on the bank of the Afon Cych River. The property provides guests with free WiFi access throughout and on-site private parking free of charge.Rooms at The Nags Head Inn have views of the river and come with a flat-screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities. They all have a private bathroom fitted with a shower and a hairdryer, and free toiletries are provided.Guests can enjoy regional cuisine for lunch and dinner at the property’s restaurant and have drinks and refreshments in the bar throughout the day.An array of outdoor activities including hiking, cycling, fishing and Nordic walking can be enjoyed in the green surroundings of the accommodations. The Pembrokeshire Coast National Park is 9.3 mi from the property and the Brecon Beacons National Park is 43 mi away.
- Went out of their way to cater for my vegan partner including the chef discussing what he could arrange for breakfast. Thoughtful imaginative. With many options Good food, lovely setting comfortable room
- The food was exceptional, dinner both nights were award winning meals from their chef! Staff were friendly and helpful. Well definitely be back.
- Exceptionally clean, lovely welcome, very comfortable bed with super pillows. We ate in the restaurant great food, well price. The breakfast was marvellous.
- Good choice of breakfast. Lovely riverside setting
- Location, bed outstanding food, what more is there?
Right by the beach, the Ship Inn is a friendly and welcoming place to sleep, eat and drink. All rooms offer amazing views of the beach.The Ship Inn is on the Ceredigion Coastal Path, and historic attractions and many outdoor activities can be found locally.The pub offers an interesting menu and has a heated terrace where you can look out to sea and try to spot the dolphins. Enjoy Real Ale, affordable wines, Italian coffee and juices and smoothies.
- Staff and location excellent.All very welcoming and helpful.
- Great location. Lovely room. Very clean. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Food was good but limited menu this time due to covid. Brains beer went down very well. Took friends with us this time and they loved the place.
- everything the staff as usual were very attentive and easy to talk too nothing was to much for them , very comfortable and clean room with amazing views, already booked for a few more stays in the near future
- Perfect stay in a wonderful location. Staff were excellent, breakfast was great apart from running out of a few items which to be honest was expected due to Covid situation. Dinner was superb great steak!
- Location is superb and the balcony sea view room cant be beaten. Although it was a busy pub all precautions were being taken and we were well looked after in the restaurant
The Penrallt Hotel
One of our top picks in Aberporth. Located in Aberporth, 6.2 mi from Cardigan Castle, The Penrallt Hotel has a number of amenities including a garden, a bar and a shared lounge. Among the facilities of this property are a restaurant, a 24-hour front desk and room service, along with free WiFi. The property is nonsmoking and is set 14 mi from Newcastle Emlyn Castle.All rooms in the hotel have tea and coffee making facilities. At The Penrallt Hotel the rooms are fitted with a private bathroom and a smart TV.The accommodations offers a continental or Full Welsh breakfast.The area is popular for walking and cycling.
- Big clean room, very nice meal in the garden
- staff was very helpful and gracious. Building is spacious and decor is beautiful. Lovely view of the bay.
- These marks would have been higher without the Covid 19 restrictions which ripped some of the personality out of this beautiful building
- Location was fantastic and the house had loads of original features and character. Breakfast was very good.Staff all very polite and attentive .
- breakfast was excellent very well presented, room excellent with stunning views across the bay. Great friendly staff , nothing to much trouble.
Flambards Hotel & Tearoom
One of our top picks in Cardigan. Located in Cardigan, 3.2 miles from Cardigan Castle, Flambards Hotel & Tearoom provides accommodations with a restaurant, free private parking, a bar and a shared lounge. This 4-star hotel features free WiFi and a garden.All rooms come with a private bathroom, while selected rooms will provide you with a patio and others also have a river view.The hotel offers a continental or buffet breakfast.Flambards Hotel & Tearoom has a sun terrace. The area is popular for hiking, and bike rental is available at the accommodation.Newcastle Emlyn Castle is 6 miles from Flambards Hotel & Tearoom.
- Very friendly staff, and a wonderful breakfast included in the price of the night. Rooms were very clean. They are petfriendly and charged us nothing extra to bring our dog very rare!
- Small family run hotel, old but not ancient, very beautiful and clean, very cozy, all good to the smallest detail. Owners very nice and friendly and helpful. Breakfast excellent too.
- Hosts were very nice and welcoming and their sweet dog May was lovely for some attention in the pub. Chipper shop up the road was nice too! Full breakfast in the morning was delicious. Nice walks nearby through pastures and woods
- Faultless hospitality, great breakfast, great location for touring Pembrokeshire.
- Not only is this little hotel a total delight clean, comfortable and homely, but you are made to feel part of the family by its owners.Our room was delightful and the bed very comfortable. The public areas are delightful and the food is freshly prepared and lovely and hot. Full English or continental and a small but perfectly adequate range of evening meals. Particularly recommend the breakfasts and fish and chips.The location is absolutely ideal for Cardigan and surrounding areas 20 mins or so to a few local beaches, 10 mins from Cardigan town and fantastic walking in every direction very close by particularly along river Teifi. Would recommend the Nags Head at Boncath for a special meal about 20 min drive.
Seven Stars Inn
Seven Stars Inn in Llechryd offers cozy accommodations and a full Welsh breakfast in this small village around 3 miles from the picturesque town of Cardigan. There is a large bar and restaurant, as well as private parking and free Wi-Fi.Rooms at Seven Stars are decorated in a modern style and all have a TV. Each has tea and coffee facilities and an private bathroom.The property has a large beer garden and terrace area to enjoy meals from the restaurant or drinks from the bar. In addition to breakfast, the guest house can also prepare packed lunches on request.Llechryd is approximately 8 minutes’ drive from Cardigan, which has several places to eat out, as well as many small shops and well-known stores. Among the area’s other attractions, Pembrokeshire Coast National Park is less than 30 minutes’ drive.
- Will book in again when we need to visit this area.
- Great location as we were traveling through Wales on motorbikes
- In the region where we were visiting very convenient
- Good breakfast and service. Location ideal easy to find
- Room was very clean and comfortable. Shower was nice and powerful, easy to use. Staff were very accommodating. Food was excellent.
Llanina Arms has a restaurant, bar, a shared lounge and garden in Llanarth. The hotel also features free WiFi and free private parking.A Full English/Irish breakfast is available each morning at the hotel.You can play darts at Llanina Arms.Aberystwyth is 21 mi from the accommodations, while Carmarthen is 29 mi from the property.
- Excellent service location is perfect. Lovely breakfast. Pool table and darts. Garage next door sells most things. Will definitely be back.
- Friendly, helpful efficient staff, the bilingual environment, excellent real ale and tasty bar food. Really good breakfast.
- Breakfast excellent. Staff really friendly and helpful. Evening meals very good and reasonably priced. Also, quickly sorted out a problem with the TV left by a previous occupant. A good atmosphere.
- There is nothing that we didnt like. Everything was perfect from check in to check out! The staff were friendly and always on hand, they work so so hard. They really couldnt do enough for us. Breakfast was always amazing as were all the other meals. Rooms were clean and comfy, also a great size. Location was fab too, 5 mins drive to the beach. Ample parking at the hotel. Really cant emphasise enough how brilliant the family and hotel are. Will definitely return. Thanks for our fabulous experience xxx
- Wonderful time all round staff great food great service great atmosphere great
Ivy Bush Royal Hotel by Compass Hospitality
One of our top picks in Carmarthen. The Ivy Bush Royal commands a spectacular position at the gateway to West Wales and welcomes business travelers and tourists to this beautiful part of the country in considerable style and comfort.The hotel has been fully refurbished and modernized to blend its old world charm with modern facilities. There are 70 comfortably furnished bedrooms including 3 family rooms, 4 executive rooms and a two-room suite.
- This hotel was excellent value for money. Quiet, clean and with good customer service,
- Staff very pleasant, nothing to much trouble.food excellent.
- Ease of booking, value, location, parking, welcome and easy of checking in, room and furnishing. Breakfast was very good, with a menu to suit EVERYBODY. Staff were very pleasant.
- The bed and the bar were excellent and the staff were very helpful
- Comfortable room. Attractive furnishings and decor.
One of our best sellers in Carmarthen! Originally built in 1840, this charming family-run hotel offers free Wi-Fi and free secure private parking, right in the very heart of the market town of Carmarthen.With a great central location, the Spilman Hotel offers traditional, friendly hospitality.All of the rooms are en suite and boast a digital TV and tea/coffee making facilities.The hotel has its own free private car park for residents.
- Staff and quality of facilities and exceptional location in Carmarthen. The location near the castle and the river was great. It is also really close the town center but not too close.
- Staff were lovely on arrival and during breakfast .Breakfast was delicious
- Great value for money, central property and very friendly staff who recommended great places to eat. The room clean and comfortable with everything needed for an overnight stay.
- The room was very spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent, will stay here again.
- Hotel was excellent, our room had been refurbished recently to a very high standard, en suite was lovely with plenty of room and was very clean. Breakfast was excellent with very good choices on the menu, staff were all very helpful and friendly.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Bangor