The Kirkmichael Hotel
Located in Kirkmichael, The Kirkmichael Hotel offers a bar. This 3-star hotel offers ski storage space, room service and free WiFi. There’s a restaurant serving Seafood cuisine, and free private parking is available.The hotel offers a continental or buffet breakfast.The Kirkmichael Hotel has a sun terrace. Guests at the accommodation will be able to enjoy activities in and around Kirkmichael, like hiking, skiing and cycling.Perth is 29 miles from The Kirkmichael Hotel, while Pitlochry is 12 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Dundee Airport, 31 miles from the hotel.
- Gary and his team made us very welcome nothing was too much trouble. And our little dog Archie was very spoiled.
- Staff very keen to help enjoyed the bonus hot breakfast provided!
- veey big family room, plenty if space with huge comfy bed
- What a great little hotel ! Not far from my destination Glenshee and very competively priced, I was expecting to get what I paid for a basic clean hotel with no frills. Instead, the room was more than adequate. The food was superb, as was the draft beer. Staff were very friendly indeed, nothing was too much trouble. Thanks to all the staff I will be back.
- The breakfast was freshly cooked and a great start to the day. The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly.
One of our top picks in Blairgowrie. Located in Blairgowrie, Victoria Hotel has a bar. This 2-star hotel offers valet parking and a tour desk. The property provides evening entertainment and room service.All guest rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV with cable channels, an electric tea pot, a shower, a hairdryer and a closet. Free WiFi and a private bathroom equipped with free toiletries are available to all guests, while some rooms come with a DVD player.Guests at the hotel can enjoy a Full English/Irish breakfast.Guests at Victoria Hotel will be able to enjoy activities in and around Blairgowrie, like hiking, skiing and cycling.Perth is 16 miles from the accommodation, while Dundee is 19 miles away. The nearest airport is Dundee, 19 miles from Victoria Hotel, and the property offers a free airport shuttle service.
- Very clean room, comfortable and secure! The bed was very cozy! The Victoria owners are extremely friendly and go very much above and beyond to make sure their customers are satisfied! Gives a hometown feel and made my second trip to Blairgowrie from the U.S. so much more comfortable. Would absolutely book again there if I return! Thank you so very much!
- This hotel ended up being so much nicer than I expected! The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Our room was huge, the bed was comfortable, and everything was super clean. Parking on the street was no issue. Glad we picked Victoria Hotel for our night in Blairgowrie!
- Lovely management team exceptionally friendly and welcoming. Clean and comfy bedroom. Good breakfast, freshly prepared for us. Exceptional value for money.
- Check in was speedy and accomodating. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would reccomend to anyone staying in the area
- Very friendly and helpful. Great location. Nice feel to the place.
The Old Cross Inn
With free Wi-Fi in public areas and free parking on site, this 140-year-old Victorian inn is located in the heart of Perthshire. It is surrounded by stunning Scottish scenery, and Blairgowrie is a 5-minute drive away.Each elegant room at The Old Cross Inn comes with a flat-screen TV and facilities for making tea and coffee. Each also has a seating area, and a bathroom with a hairdryer.A full cooked breakfast is provided each morning, and you can enjoy a range of food and drinks in the bar and restaurant. The Old Cross Inn has been featured in The Good Beer Guide and a travel book on hidden places.Blairgowrie Golf Club is less than 2 miles from the building. You can go walking in the beautiful surrounding countryside, and visit the wide selection of pretty lochs within 10 miles of the inn.
- Hosts were very friendly and welcoming. Evening meal was fantastic. Overall, excellent value for money.
- Nice clean room, great hospitality and a lovely breakfast
- My TV wasnt working when I arrived , I was moved rooms without any bother. My kettle wouldnt switch on , someone there to fix it within 10 mins . Room was fab and people were lovely .
- The staff were excellent on check in was shown to a beautiful room which was spotless. The room smelt as if it had just been cleaned and the facilities were also clean and came with soap for hands and shampoo which is great if you accidentally forgot to pack some. The room was quiet couldnt hear any noise from outside or downstairs which was really nice.
- Lovely welcome and nothing was too much trouble rooms were fab and very clean and comfortable food was excellent and a good selection of gin!
Royal Dunkeld Hotel
One of our top picks in Dunkeld. This former coaching inn is now a comfortable, modern hotel, offering en suite accommodations, free on-site parking and free wireless internet access in the public areas.Dunkeld is located in some of the area’s most beautiful countryside and the Royal Dunkeld Hotel makes a great base from which to explore the region. All rooms have en-suite shower rooms, TVs, radios, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryers, trouser presses and telephones.The Woodlands Bistro offers an innovative menu, which changes daily to reflect the finest, freshest seasonal produce available locally. There is an extensive wine list and a wide range of liqueurs and whiskeys to complement your meal.The Woodlands Bar has a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere and offers an extensive lunch and supper menu. The traditional 1809 bar has an open fireplace and a pool room with a dartboard.
The building does not have a elevator and may not be suitable for guests with mobility issues.
- Very friendly staff full covid compliance felt very safe in the hotel, very clean and friendly , staff owners very involved in the day to day running so all on the ball,
- Pretty much everything was very good, especially the staff and the breakfast.
- Staff very welcoming and very friendly. Food was excellent, dinner and breakfast. Room very comfortable.
- The staff was very friendly, and the room was quite comfortable. We were offered an upgrade to a larger 3rd floor room, which was nice. The phrase decaying Elegance is a good description. It is still very nice, but showing its age. Building dates back to at least the 1500s. . breakfast was very good
- Location was easy to find. Off street on property parking was a bonus. walking distance to everything in town. hotel is quaint and staff is very helpful
Atholl Arms Hotel Dunkeld
One of our top picks in Dunkeld. Situated in the heart of Dunkeld the Atholl Arms Hotel sits on Bridge Street overlooking the Tay River. The hotel has rooms with private bathrooms with TVs and free Wi-Fi.The Atholl Arms was built in 1833 and bedrooms are decorated in a Georgian-style. They feature telephones, suit presses, bathroom toiletries and tea/coffee makers.The Meeting Room Bistro serves international cuisine while the Riverview Restaurant offers a traditional Scottish menu. The Atholl Lounge has open fires and offers light lunches.Dunkeld Cathedral and Dunkeld And Birnam Golf Club are both just a 5 minute walk away. Dunkeld Train Station is a 10 minute walk and free parking is available at the Atholl.
- Friendly staff, location, easy parking, a room with a river view is recommended.
- The location was perfect, the staff was very friendly, and the food was great! Our favorite part was sitting by the river enjoying a drink.
- Lovely little hotel in the cutest small town. Hotel is right on the river and very dog friendly. The bakery a block down is out of this world. Definitely recommend if you are in the area.
- Beautiful location, They carried our bags up the stairs
- Beautiful views of the Tay river. Nice restaurant.
The Ballinluig Hotel
Located in Ballinluig, just off the A9, The Ballinluig Hotel offers rooms with attached bathroom, all equipped with TV, coffe/tea making facilities and views to the garden or hills and woods. The Victorian spa town of Pitlochry with lots of small independent shops is just 5 miles away.A breakfast consisting of freshly pressed juice, seasonal fruit salad, homemade granola, freshly baked bread, the property’s own jam and organic free range eggs cooked to order.The property offers a casual fine dining restaurant, the regularly changing tasting menu showcases seasonal and local produce and a cozy cocktail bar with craft beers, and great choice of local spirits.Activities in the area include whiskey tasting, golf, hiking and wild water rafting.The nearest airport is Edinburgh Airport, 64 mi from the property.
- Fantastic food for dinner. 4 courses, beautiful food by great chef. Lovely breakfast too.
- Staff really friendly and food incredible! Will definitely be back to try more of their delicious tasting menus.
- The staff were fabulous, the food was incredible! We booked because of the location and the the photos of the room, what we didnt know was that this place is a foodie secret! The 4 course tasting menu was excellent value and the quality and care surpassed expectations. The sea buckthorn parfait will be remembered forever! Bob our chef was fabulous, would definitely recommend.
- this place is an unexpected gem with really accommodating staff who are willing to go above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. their new menu is fresh and original with locally sourced produce, and the chefs really care about what they are serving up.
- Food was exceptional 4 course tasting menus for dinner included pheasant, wood pigeon, lobster and venison over the course of our stay. Really tasty amuse bouches and dessert too. The walks around the local area were great and give opportunities to see red squirrels and birds of prey very close up.The bed was really big and very comfortable too.
Located in Dunkeld, Tay House has a terrace at the back of the building with river views.The property features a lounge on the ground floor. The property kitchen is for exclusive hire use.The area is popular for hiking and canoeing, and bike hire is available at the accommodations.Perth is 14 mi from Tay House, while Dundee is 29 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Dundee, 29 mi from the hotel, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
- Loved it as soon as we walked in. Made to feel very welcome. Room was lovely and perfect kitchenette to make up a milk for the baby. Honesty bar was a nice touxh for a nightcap. Best spot in town with private riverside area. Will stay again!
- Very warm welcome from the team. Stunning view of the river. Secure car parking. Luxurious and sumptuous interior. Incredibly clean. 10/10.
- Breakfast was good when it arrived but took a while to arrive! The waitress asked us for our order from the set menu but failed to tell us of the cereals, fruit, orange juice available to all at the end of the breakfast room!
- Great location Top notch rooms with very comfortable beds
- Excellent location and fantastic room with lovely big bathroom. Nice shared lounge on the ground floor.
Dunkeld House Hotel
In 280 acres of unspoiled Perthshire countryside, the Dunkeld House Hotel features an outdoor activity center and luxury health club. The hotel offers free parking and spacious rooms.The Dunkeld House Hotel Health Club has an indoor swimming pool, spa bath and fitness center, and there is also the Dunkeld House Hotel spa. The activity center offers clay pigeon shooting, quad biking and fishing, with the River Tay running through the grounds.The rooms have modern private bathrooms and tea and coffee facilities. Rooms also feature large work desks, and many have scenic views. Room service is also available.The Riverside Restaurant serves a creative menu using local and seasonal produce, while the Lounge Bar has an open log fire and a varied collection of local whiskeys. Guests should make a dinner reservation if you wish to eat at the Riverside Restaurant, especially on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Breakfast was lovely however I feel the evening meals could have a bit more variety? I appreciate this is fine dining but this doesnt always appeal to everyone especially children and teens, of which there were several staying? So, a more varied menu would be good?
- Staff were so helpful and friendly. Lovely food and pleasant room.
- Booked Dinner, Bed and Breakfast as a package, in Double room.Room on ground floor spacious and cleanDinner small menu but good choices, food excellent 2 courses as apart of deal coffee extra Full Scottish breakfast cooked to order Staff friendly and helpful. Very good overnight stay despite restrictions of bar being closed due to Covid 19 although there is a marque in the grounds selling drinks but no cocktails
- Setting beautiful and with more time, a lovely place to explore. The hotel itself is an attractive building and well maintained. We didnt explore all of the facilities but the reception area, bar and restaurant area and our room were all lovely. Traditional decoration. Room was nice, perhaps just looking a little tired in places but nothing that would put me off staying again. Bed was comfy, bathroom clean and everything appeared to work lights, TV etc. We had a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the river area which was really nice.Restaurant was fully booked when we arrived, however we were happy with the bar menu so had an evening meal in there. Staff were lovely, and had masks on with other Covid precautions in place. Felt safe and like the hotel was well prepared for managing things at what must be a very difficult time for them.Overall a lovely stay, and we would return. I would like to explore the SPA facilities and river walks in particular.
- Beautiful building in beautiful surroundings, excellent food
Historic Birnam Hotel is set in Perthshire countryside between Dunkeld and Birnham Golf Club and the River Tay. It offers cozy nonsmoking rooms, a restaurant and an inn in the grounds.The spacious Oak Restaurant serves fine, freshly prepared Scottish and international cuisine. Scots Bar has an open fire and plenty of malt whiskey and bar meals.Birnam Hotel has free WiFi in public areas, and has rooms with attached bathroom decorated in an individual style and satellite TV.
- Old, traditional Scottish hotel. Very good price. Quiet. Comfortable. Warm. Very friendly staff. Food in bar was good and fairly priced. Excellent breakfast.
- Large bedroom with a view. Good walks nearby. Excellent breakfast.
- The location was great as the area is not too busy and the people are friendly, but you can still access a lot of great activities. The staff in both the hotel and inn were very accommodating and welcoming. The rooms were of great value for the price, and came with all the expected facilities.
- The hotel had only just reopened post covid, and the staff were doing their best under challenging circumstances. As such, meals werent available but Id been directed to a nearby establishment if Id needed it. The building is a lovely classic stone hotel, and Id felt it necessary to take several pictures. The bike was safely stored in a courtyard to the back, and I was able to leave revitalised and refreshed
- Huge room with ensuite Fantastic value room rate for our sameday booking Nice and warm Tea/coffee making facilities Great shower Impressive reception area with friendly staff Ate dinner at the adjoining restaurant best pizza ever!
Meikleour Arms Hotel & Restaurant
Set in the rural region of Perthshire, the Meikleour Arms is located at the heart of the conservation village of Meikleour, well known for its impressive trees and salmon fishing. Located only 12 miles from Perth, the Meikleour Arms was built in 1820 on one of the oldest historical estates in East Scotland.The rooms and cottages have private bathrooms, free WiFi, flat-screen TVs and tea/coffee facilities.Guests can enjoy local specialties made from locally sourced ingredients. The fish is daily delivered from Aberdeen and the meat is purchased from the local award winning butchers.The surrounding area offers outdoor activities such as angling, horse riding and hiking. The hotel also owns a salmon fishing school on the nearby river Tay and all material is provided free of charge (advanced booking recommended). The Blairgowrie Golf Club established in 1889 is only 4 miles away.
- Excellent food and service, nice cottage,Calm quiet and beautiful neighborhood
- Last minute stay. The room was nice sized with a large bed. Great bathroom with an awesome shower. Very clean. Dinner was outstanding and the desert was to die for. I tried the house claret and was very pleased. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
- Friendliness of the staff and the very good breakfast.
- Breakfast was excellent choice of wine very good restaurant was excellent for food but the potions were a bit large and perhaps some choice for diabetics would have been appreciated
- The staff were lovely and very friendly and professional and very attentive at breakfast and dinner.Food was wonderful with lots of choice even during the covid restrictions.They really looked after us.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Ballintuim