The New Inn
Located on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park, The New Inn is a Georgian coaching house dating back to the 1720s. Free on-site parking is available, and free Wi-Fi is accessible throughout.Features including wooden beams and open fireplaces mean The New Inn retains its original character, while central heating and modern facilities ensure a comfortable stay.All rooms are en suite, and all have a freeview TV, a hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities. For added comfort and relaxation, The New Inn has a self-catering cottage available to rent, which has its own kitchen and living room.The village of Thornton Dale has a supermarket, post office and pharmacy. A breakfast buffet is served daily and The New Inn has its own cozy pub and restaurant with outside area that serves homemade food and award-winning ales.Perfectly located to access the walking trails of the North Yorkshire Moors, The New Inn is also 15 miles from the coastal city of Scarborough.
- Lovely break here! The room was very comfortable and clean it was our first holiday since the start of lockdown in March and we would definitely return to the New Inn!Breakfast was well cooked and substantial and meals in the evening in the bar excellent! Would highly recommend
- Tidy room. Comfy bed. Great food. Friendly helpful staff.
- It would be churlish to criticise the New Inn, the staff are excellent, the home cooked breakfast is superb. The rooms could do with updating. We paid 85 a night which is quite good value
- Good old fashioned country pub. Good food. Good local ales.
- The staff made us feel very welcome had provided a secure place to lock our bikes away. The restaurant was exceptional with an extensive choice of food available.
Cottage Lea’s Country Hotel & Restaurant
One of our top picks in Pickering. Set within 2 acres of beautiful gardens, Cottage Lea’s Country Hotel features an on-site restaurant and elegantly furnished bedrooms. Overlooking the Vale of Pickering, there is free private parking and scenic views.The bright and airy restaurant serves a varied menu using local produce, and features bare wooden floors and garden views. The stylish bar offers a selection of beverages and light snacks.The traditional rooms are classically decorated in natural colors, with ornamental beds and photographic art. Rooms all feature tea and coffee facilities and an private bathroom.Cottage Lea’s Country Hotel also has a cozy guest lounge with ample comfortable seating, and free Wi-Fi is accessible throughout. The large grounds feature scenic woodland and landscaped lawns.Located on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors, Cottage Lea’s Country Hotel is a scenic 35-minute drive from lively Scarborough and Whitby. Pickering Castle and town center are just 10 minutes away.
- Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Property is kept very clean and the rooms are comfortable and well decorated. The food is very good including the breakfast.
- The staff were lovely, friendly and welcoming. We arrived after a trip on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway getting off at Pickering. Because their other bookings were in high risk areas they had had to cancel but the staff still opened the restaurant just for us. The food was fresh, delicious and prepared on the spot, Butternut Squash soup, grilled Halloumi for starters. Gammon Steak and Pork Medallions for mains, all were delicious. The room was clean, comfortable and well stocked. There were beautiful uninterrupted views.Breakfast was quick and well cooked with a good choice and plenty of tea and toast.All the staff were friendly and the assorted cats and dogs didnt mind coming to say Hello either.
- Small but comfortable room. Everybody was friendly and helpful.
- Homely family environment. Relaxing. Exciting travelling along the lane wondering if we were lost until sign indicating we were on route. Lovely setting..Have recommended to others already.
- Family run hotel so nothing commercial about the place and lovely people! We stayed in the middle of a pandemic and considering the restrictions etc we could not fault our stay. The actual place has the most beautiful views. Very pretty place. Loved our stay and wouldnt hesitate to stay again.
The Old Manse
One of our top picks in Pickering. Located in Pickering, The Old Manse offers hotel accommodations in the gateway to the North Yorkshire Moors National Park.Free parking is available on site, and free WiFi can be accessed in public areas of the property. The Old Manse Hotel is a building that dates back to Edwardian times. Rooms are decorated in a pleasant, rustic style and all are en suite. Rooms complete with a TV, telephone and tea/coffee making facilities. Breakfast is included in the room rate.The on-site dining room and bar offers evening meals by prior arrangement. Guests may unwind and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in the comfortable lounge with air conditioned conservatory, or on the terrace overlooking the property’s tranquil gardens.Pickering Castle is 0.5 miles from the hotel, while the Beck Isle Museum is a 5-minute walk away. Flamingo Land Theme Park is a 10-minute drive from The Old Manse Hotel.
- We stayed at the Old Manse during the Pickering Railway in Wartime event, so the hotel was at capacity. Even, so, the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, even remembering our breakfast requirements after day 1. The room was cleaned daily, the bed was extremely comfortable and the heating was maintained at a pleasant temperature throughout. The breakfast was amazing! There was a large choice choice of cereals, fruit, yogurt and juice available, and the cooked breakfast itself was pretty substantial! A short walk to town, the sound of the steam trains from the bedroom, a lovely old period building and friendly hosts. Whats not like?
- Beds comfortable and sheets good quality. Breakfast was lovely with a good selection. The staff were really helpful we needed to be in early to get changed for a wedding. They let us use another room and then moved our stuff in to the correct rrom.
- Wonderful staff. Easy walking to everything. Staff went out of their way to ensure we made our connections. Excellent value.
- Breakfast was lovely. Room was lovely and bed very comfortable. Excellent stay and staff/owner was lovely couldnt do enough for you.
- The owner and stall were very friendly and helpful.
The Ham and Cheese
Located in Scagglethorpe, The Ham and Cheese features a restaurant, bar, garden, and free WiFi throughout the property. Featuring family rooms, this property also provides guests with a terrace. Private parking can be arranged at an extra charge.All rooms in the inn are equipped with a TV. All guest rooms include a private bathroom with a shower and a hairdryer.Guests at The Ham and Cheese can enjoy a Full English/Irish breakfast.York is 22 miles from the accommodation, while Whitby is 30 miles away. The nearest airport is Leeds Bradford International Airport, 51 miles from The Ham and Cheese.
- Perfect location for our 2 day cycling trip, they provided lock up facilities for our bikes, good beers, good food and very nice staff
- Great choice including vegetarian. Staff really helpful.
- Fantastic staff, all really friendly. Rooms were very clean and comfy, excellent for a family of 4. Food on the evening was delicious, we all enjoyed our selections. Delicious breakfast served in the pub in the morning.
- Ambience, staff, comfy bed, great food, iron easily available
- Very friendly staff. Lovely clean, spacious room. Very nice breakfast included in price
East Ayton Country House Hotel
One of our top picks in Scarborough. Located on the edge of the North Riding Forest Park, East Ayton Lodge is a family-run hotel set among 3 acres of land. It is less than 5 miles from Scarborough and has a restaurant, a bar and a conservatory overlooking the secluded gardens.All of the elegant guest bedrooms at East Ayton are equipped with a TV, an private bathroom and tea/coffee making facilities. Family and ground floor rooms are also available.The historic city of York is less than an hours’ drive and despite the hotel’s picturesque countryside location, the coast is just a 10-minute drive away.
- Excellent breakfast.Excellent location.Excellent staff.
- Breakfast was excellent we have stayed here before and really like the place. Plus the new owner is doing his utmost to improve and refurbish the property.
- Excellent breakfast Very quietNice staffSpacious and clean room
- Good breakfast and nice evening meals, reasonable priced.
- The food was exceptional. The room was spacious and loved the bath.
The Black Swan Inn
One of our best sellers in Pickering! Located 3.1 mi from Flamingo Land Theme Park in Pickering, The Black Swan Inn features a restaurant and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.You will find a kettle in the room. Rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. Tablet devices are available for guests to borrow from reception.The hotel also offers bike hire. The nearest airport is Leeds Bradford International Airport, 44 mi from The Black Swan Inn.
- On arrival car parking easy as map supplied by email clearly showed the entrance at rear of the property. At reception we were made very welcome. Everything explained about the accommodation and where everything was located as well as the current Covid19 precautions and routine that had been applied.Food in the restaurant was very good and the bar had an excellent range of drinks at reasonable prices. The staff were excellent, nothing seemed to be too much trouble. The room was clean bright and airy with self help teas and coffee supplied, fresh or extra milk supplied upon request. This was the first time we have stayed in this accommodation when we have been in Pickering, it is good value for money so we wouldnt hesitate to book it again.
- The relaxed atmosphere, the food and the Hugh standard of service and friendliness
- Vegetarian option at breakfast. Great coffee. Fab owners and staff. Beers and lager brewed on site all exceptional.
- Lovely, large room with sitting area, nice that twin beds are separated and not pushed together.Room was overlooking street, a little traffic noise, and across from church, whose bells chime every 15 minutes. But, just close the window, and all is fine. Very pleasant. Dinner was great. Staff so friendly and helpful Thanks, Jill. Will definitely recommend to others, and hopefully return.
- A friendly family run Inn, very well equipped with a good menu. Lots of atmosphere and charm. Excellent location but also very convenient parking.
Ganton Greyhound Inn
Ganton Greyhound Inn is a 15-minute drive from the remains of Scarborough Castle, which dates back 2,500 years and was turned into a magnificent coastal stronghold by medieval kings. The inn offers free private parking on site, and is located right next to Ganton Golf Club.Beautiful North Yorkshire countryside surrounds Ganton Greyhound Inn, which specializes in home-cooked food made from local ingredients. Guests can relax with a drink in the traditional bar, or outside in the beer garden.Rooms have elegant décor and an private bathroom. There is also a TV and a seating area in every room, along with tea and coffee making facilities.Flamingo Land, where you can see animals at the zoo and enjoy a range of rides at the theme park, is a 30-minute drive away. The edge of the North York Moors National Park can be reached in 15 minutes by car.
- room,nice clean good view over the garden.breakfast good, evening meals very good.steve sharon very good hosts, nothing too much trouble, good company after dinner service was over.
- Checked in at 930pm after a long day and were promptly shown to our room and given some info RE breakfast etc by a lovely lady. The room and bed were much larger than expected, neutrally and tastefully decorated and there was a travel cot waiting for our little one as requested when booking.We were very pleasantly surprised at the value for money and the friendliness of all the staff, including Steve and Sharon who we met at breakfast.Being on the A64 roadside, there is of course some traffic noise mainly in the morning, but we barely heard it so didnt bother us at all.Thank you for a lovely stay, we look forward to visiting again
- Warm and welcoming staff, Very clean, Food great. Relaxed atmosphere, open wood fire. Central to Bridlington, Filey, Scarborough and Whitby for visiting.
- Considering the pressures of COVID our hosts could not have been more welcoming and organised. We fely safe and appreciated. Thank you
- The reviews I read beforehand were all spot on when they say it is on the busy A64. However, dont let that put you off. The hosts are splendid and the food sublime. All COVID safe and the family room was very spacious 2 bedroomed so the kids were separate to the adults which was not expected. We would defo stay again as we were prime location for Eden Camp, Scarborough and Flamingo Land but would ask if there is a family room on the back. The A64 is a very busy road but once we were asleep it didnt disturb us, but once you were awake it was difficult to drop back off again. Didnt ruin the stay over though thank you for your hospitality. In these difficult times you did a fantastic job amd I wish you the very best of luck for the future
Perfectly located on the border of the North Yorkshire Moors, the Moors Inn is a Grade II Listed building in the center of Appleton-le-Moors village. It offers home-cooked food, real ales, and log fires, as well as free on-site parking. There is also free Wi-Fi in available in the reception area.Rooms are located both above the main pub building, overlooking the village street and in converted barns found to the rear of the property. All have an private bathroom and a TV. Many rooms have charming period features, including beamed ceilings.An extensive menu with traditional home-cooked British dishes is available daily, made with seasonal local ingredients. Hand-pulled local ales, a selection of wines, and a range of whiskeys can also be enjoyed.Located just off the A170, Moors Inn is just a short drive from Scarborough and Whitby. The historic city of York can be reached in less than an hour by car. The North Yorkshire Moors Railway operates steam trains along an 18 miles line between the market town of Pickering and the village of Grosmont, through the heart of the North York Moors National Park.
- Appleton le Moors is a lovely atmospheric pub set in a beautiful moors village. The landlord was most welcoming and provided us with a very comfortable bedroom. The dinner that night was exceptional, a great selection of dishes on the menu as well as a good selection of beers and wines. We highly recommend this establishment to those wishing for something of Olde England
- The staff were lovely, especially Jude who took the time to make sure we were well looked after, had a lovely table in front of the log fire and just made our experience perfect. The food is exceptional, we ate there both nights and food was more than value for money, cooked beautifully and we were so full we could pop! Credit to the chefs. Set in a lovely area, rooms were clean and had all you needed. We will definitely not be keeping our stay to ourselves and we will be back!
- Great location fantastic evening meal and breakfast super staff and felt very safe. Super place.
- Had a great time and will return Lovely food and roaring fire.
- Breakfast was excellent. Location is marvellous. Bed comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful.
The Fox and Hounds Country Inn
Located in the picturesque village of Sinnington, The Fox and Hounds Country Inn is a former 18th-century coaching inn on the edge of the North York Moors National Park. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas and free parking is provided on site.An private bathroom is featured in each room at The Fox and Hounds, as well as a flat-screen TV and tea/coffee making facilities.Guests can enjoy à la carte meals beside a feature stone fireplace in the on-site restaurant. Local suppliers are used for meat, vegetables and fish which are supplied daily. A traditional lounge bar with open fire is also available to guests.The Grade I listed stately home of Castle Howard is a 30-minute drive away and features extensive landscaped gardens. Hiking and cycling can be enjoyed in North York Moors national park, as well as horse riding and water sports.
- Breakfast was lovely and location was perfect only a few mins drive from Pickering and Thornton le Dale.
- excellent breakfast,staff friendly and efficient.room very clean.
- Everything. Charming friendly and efficient staff. Great food and lovely countryside.
- Excellent breakfast and service. Loved the location.
- Breakfast was excellent as were the evening meals. We were upgraded to the Packhorse room and it was fabulous.
George & Dragon Inn
Located on the A170 between Helmsley and Pickering, the George and Dragon Inn is in the heart of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park. It offers full English breakfasts, free Wi-Fi and free parking.Originally a 17th-century coaching inn, its rooms are spacious and come with a TV. Each also has facilities for making tea and coffee, and an private bathroom with a hairdryer.The George and Dragon serves traditional pub food and real ales. Guests can dine in the bistro and fine-dining restaurant, and relax in the garden.Kirkbymoorside is an old market town with a partially cobbled main street. Scarborough and Whitby are both less than 25 miles from the building.
- Very friendly staff willing to help you with whatever you need.The breakfast is great. Lots of food and plenty of variety fruits, cereal, hot food.
- The room was very nice, quite large and clean. the bed was very comfortable. very quiet.
- Lovely location. Beautiful room. Staff very friendly but professional.
- Excellent breakfast, not skimped on quality.Liked the accommodation behind the pub, lovely super king size bed and shower.Excellent parking Accomadating and friendly staff.
- I have stayed here before and had no question about staying again. The breakfasts are awesome. Friendly staff also makes a huge difference in these strange times.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Allerston